NEW Smittybilt Safari Hardtop... :sadface: 'cause it actually looks nice

Seriously, ain't going to lie, looks like a decent product even for Shittybilt :rollseyes: I know some WAL forum member are designing their own and it's wayyy more badass than actually just purchasing one... But this is nice for "big" family week-end warriors expedition. What's your 2 cents on this?

Here's the pictures :

View attachment 211437

View attachment 211438

EDIT : *DISCLAIMER* I'm not in any way promoting this particular company, just bringing in an open debate on what people actually have to say about it. :peace: :peace:

If you look realy close, you can almost see the new Polaris logo...:cheesy:

If you mean me, I had nothing to do with the Smittybilt product.

This is the one I designed:

FinalWashed6_zpspgzxwwqw.jpg

FinalWashed2_zps5visoofd.jpg

FinalWashed4_zpspt6u1rib.jpg

FinalWashed1_zpspj5k8yfs.jpg

FinalRoof1_zpsilvpnzbf.jpg

I just knew you were working in something similar. I lov your top. Sadly I don't have fiberglass skills.

jscherb

I don't have the skills either, I'm just waiting for him to start selling them... Soon hopefully 👍😉

I don't sell anything myself, but quite a few of my Jeep and offroad designs have been licensed by a number of companies and are on the market, including my LJ/TJ Safari Cab hardtop, two fiberglass offroad trailer kits, and about two dozen other hardware and accessory products.

I'm not inclined to license the JK hardtop design to a company because I fear that a company would eliminate many of its unique and useful features and by the time a company got this top to market it would be too expensive to be accessible to most people.

GraniteCrystal

I don't sell anything myself, but quite a few of my Jeep and offroad designs have been licensed by a number of companies and are on the market, including my LJ/TJ Safari Cab hardtop, two fiberglass offroad trailer kits, and about two dozen other hardware and accessory products.

I'm not inclined to license the JK hardtop design to a company because I fear that a company would eliminate many of its unique and useful features and by the time a company got this top to market it would be too expensive to be accessible to most people.

Let's say all those bad things come true. So what? People have another option on the market. If you keep it to yourself they don't. I say go for it! And you'll get paid for all the work you put into this thing. It's like saying FCA shouldn't make a Jeep because it won't be as cool as the prototypes the show at EJS each year.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?p=621404

Kalums

Ok so I would just buy it directly from you... 👍😃 I'm OK with that also. Just tell me when to start searching the couch cushions. Wait I just saw you don't sell directly... 😢

Sent from my SM-N910P using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

The Smittybilt top is shaped somewhat like the Land Rover Defender "Wolf" military hardtop, although the Wolf hardtop doesn't have Alpine windows...

f.jpg

The Wolf top has a very functional rear barn door too, not a glass liftgate...

b.jpg

There is one that looks like this for sale in ft Wayne. I really like your work, the modular top you made for Jeep was very nice

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom