New to the Jeep life

Willys726

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome

Just wanted to thank everyone welcoming to the site. Just wanted to let everyone know my fiance and I were hit by a drunk driver today. My jeep was only 2 weeks old so still a baby. Luckily we were able to walk away from it uninjured. The jeep not so much. Stay safe out there. I'll put up some more pics after we figure out whats gonna happen with everything.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Just wanted to thank everyone welcoming to the site. Just wanted to let everyone know my fiance and I were hit by a drunk driver today. My jeep was only 2 weeks old so still a baby. Luckily we were able to walk away from it uninjured. The jeep not so much. Stay safe out there. I'll put up some more pics after we figure out whats gonna happen with everything.

So sorry to hear that. Glad you guys were able to walk away. It’s such a horrible experience going thru that. I had a drunk driver take out my 1 ton ram last year head on. Scary stuff

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Last edited:

Willys726

Yeah from what witnesses said, he was going between 60 to 70 mph and never even touched his brakes. He skimmed a truck catycorner behind me and went airborne, landing on the front drivers side fender area. He shoved the jeep about 4 feet slamming it against the curb. Enough force to bend my passenger rear wheel inward. I've had time to piece things together and had he been 1 foot to the right, I wouldn't still be here. I know those cages are strong but for that high of speed, I'm doubting would have held. Thanks for the well wishes and stay safe out there.

Those cages are in fact ‘not’ that strong. Glad your Jeep did it’s job and it played out like it did. Easy enough to replace. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

I got hit a year ago today by a Highlander that ran a red light. Months of body / frame work. Lotta people on here have a similar experience. So glad you are ok. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom