New VS. Used

K.D.C.H

My thoughts would be to go with the 2015. I was in the same boat and ended up going that way.

The 2012 sounds great but from 2012-2015 there were come good changes. You also have a clean slate with the 2015 and don't have to worry about the possibility of any hidden issues that may come up. Ou would also know that the 2015 hasn't been thrashed, who knows what they did with the 2012.

I'm glad I went with my 2015 sport and I'd do it again.

RubiHB

My humble vote is for going the new route. Didn't look like heavy mods that the used one has which was exactly what you wanted to do.

New will get you a better deal, better interest rates, and warranty. Maybe even save enough in interest per month on your payment to cover the cost of a Rubi. F/R lockers and disconnecting sway bar you won't have to pay for post purchase. Pay now / pay later... either way you pay.

New, you also will know exactly what it is you put on it, who did the work, and how it's been treated.

Just a few things to consider... and don't go broke and eat only beans the next 5 years to afford your new toy.

Speeddmn

No matter what, you need to decide what is best for you. If it is based soely on year, model, transmission, budget, etc. Is the 2012 the colr you want, or one you can live with? Who installed the lights? Are they wired correctly? If not what happens when you are out and about and it catches fire because Joe Mechanic did the install and used the wrong gage wire? Who installed the lift? Was it done correctly? Were the drive shafts replaced? These are the issues you have with buying a used modded vehicle, no matter what.

Buying new is great, lots of very valid points in this thread. I trimmed my fenders myself, buddy of mine installed the bumpers and winch while I was deployed last time. I trust his work, but for piece of mind when I got home I looked it all over. I dont plan to do much more, I'd like to replace my BB for a 3 inch Enforcer, different rock rails, gears, drive shafts. If you buy a new jeep, you a huge network of people that are always willing to help a fellow jeeper install new parts and hang out. Even if you buy the used one, drive as is, fix bugs as they arise. Lift to stiff? Replace it and sell the old one, recoup some cash back.

Either way, I'm sure you will be happy, it just needs to make sense for you.

yoyoyeo02

Thank You Everyone!!

There are very many valid points in this thread and i want to thank you all for the input. The Rubi is just out of my budget at the moment. Would love to have one, but my wallet just can't comply. I am definitely with everyone on the benefits of going new and building it with a fresh and secure start, but i also am confident in my abilities to fix any bugs that come up. With that said, i opted for the 2012. With what it already has installed it is just more of what i wanted and am able to keep within budget to add the last few touches. So, here she is.. Think i will name it Dig'em.. does anyone remember what that is from?? 9969cf39d885aa8941aea1c28a8e94b5x.jpg
Hope it came through.

Thanks again everyone for the advice, am sure i will on here many times for more.. :)

YoYo

Tanner505

I wanted that color when I was looking for my rubi but gecko with painted fenders and roof are hard to find, looks good and congrats

yoyoyeo02

I wanted that color when I was looking for my rubi but gecko with painted fenders and roof are hard to find, looks good and congrats

There is one of those for sale in Utah too. Was out of my price range though.

Thanks Aspen Kid, may have to hit you up to show me all the good trails.

As far as making it mine, first up is Winch bumper, Winch, and Gears and a locker.. Should be a good start..

YoYo

Top Bottom