New Wheels!!

Josh27

I have Pro Comp 7005 in 17x9 and I really like them. I believe they are around $140 each now. I used to have 1.5 inch spacers with them, totally unnecessary as the backspacing is fine on the wheel alone. I just left them on from when I had factory wheels. It looked cool being that wide but it was hard on it lol. Took them off when my wheel bearings went out.
sparks.jpg

JEEP212121

I have Pro Comp 7005 in 17x9 and I really like them. I believe they are around $140 each now. I used to have 1.5 inch spacers with them, totally unnecessary as the backspacing is fine on the wheel alone. I just left them on from when I had factory wheels. It looked cool being that wide but it was hard on it lol. Took them off when my wheel bearings went out.
View attachment 180351

Yeah those look good as well. Thanks for the info man!! And that rig looks great

JEEP212121

View attachment 180351

Are the added spacers rough on it when it's on road or more when it's off road?

Josh27

Are the added spacers rough on it when it's on road or more when it's off road?
Like anything that modifies a vehicles wheel offset/backspacing (spacers or aftermarket wheels) it will put more stress on components because it moves the wheel outward. Obviously in any case, off road use is generally harder on components than on road. With my aftermarket wheels and spacers, my backspacing was pretty low which strained components more than if I just had the aftermarket wheels by themselves or stock wheels with the spacer. I was able to run the spacers with aftermarket wheels for a couple years until my bearings went out at about 110,000 miles.

Long story short: Running an aftermarket wheel with a spacer will wear components out faster than just an aftermarket wheel alone or a spacer on a stock wheel weather it used on or off road doesn't really matter. On and off road ride and handling was just fine with my setup but using either aftermarket wheels or a spacer with factory wheels is what I would suggest for longevity of components.

JEEP212121

Like anything that modifies a vehicles wheel offset/backspacing (spacers or aftermarket wheels) it will put more stress on components because it moves the wheel outward. Obviously in any case, off road use is generally harder on components than on road. With my aftermarket wheels and spacers, my backspacing was pretty low which strained components more than if I just had the aftermarket wheels by themselves or stock wheels with the spacer. I was able to run the spacers with aftermarket wheels for a couple years until my bearings went out at about 110,000 miles.

Long story short: Running an aftermarket wheel with a spacer will wear components out faster than just an aftermarket wheel alone or a spacer on a stock wheel weather it used on or off road doesn't really matter. On and off road ride and handling was just fine with my setup but using either aftermarket wheels or a spacer with factory wheels is what I would suggest for longevity of components.

Thank you for the info man. This will be my first lift so I'm trying to research everything and get all the help I can so that I am happy with the outcome

Yeah since I have been a part of this forum I have seen and heard that a lot. The guys that I'm going to use put them on ALL the time and everyone seems to like them around here. I'm not sure what I wanna do. What lift do u run or like?

Thank you for the info man. This will be my first lift so I'm trying to research everything and get all the help I can so that I am happy with the outcome

Ive ran most of whats mentioned. If you are set on Rough Country, do the budget boost like Mr Ty said. Ive had their 2.5 coil lift and it rides like dog shit. Went to Evo and couldnt be happier. As for shocks, i really like the Rancho 9ks. They let you soften or stiffen the ride to better match the lift you choose.

JEEP212121

Ive ran most of whats mentioned. If you are set on Rough Country, do the budget boost like Mr Ty said. Ive had their 2.5 coil lift and it rides like dog shit. Went to Evo and couldnt be happier. As for shocks, i really like the Rancho 9ks. They let you soften or stiffen the ride to better match the lift you choose.

Thanks for looking through the convo and adding in man!!

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Discount Tire is a forum sponsor, and they should have a sale going on. I went with their Level 8 Punch. If you search by vehicle, on their site, you'll be limited in the sizes you see (offset), but that is a great place to start. I had tires mounted on the wheels, and they shipped them in about 5 days (free shipping).

Top Bottom