New

Ryan25

Hello I got a new wrangler and I could use some help. I already have a light-bar on and I have $1,600 to spend. Any suggestions on what to buy?

Hello I got a new wrangler and I could use some help. I already have a light-bar on and I have $1,600 to spend. Any suggestions on what to buy?

Welcome to WAL! You should stop by the wave sub an introduce yourself. I see you have a new Rubicon so congrats on that! I recommend that you focus on recovery to include a winch, tow strap, tree saver and snatch block. Unfortunately I have based this advice off of almost nothing so please chime in with more information about your off-road intentions.

Save some more, and start on lockers and axle shafts

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Looks like OP already has lockers.

Welcome to WAL! You should stop by the wave sub an introduce yourself. I see you have a new Rubicon so congrats on that! I recommend that you focus on recovery to include a winch, tow strap, tree saver and snatch block. Unfortunately I have based this advice off of almost nothing so please chime in with more information about your off-road intentions.

Looks like OP already has lockers.

Oh, he's got a rubi, guess I could have checked his bio page.

Agreed, a winch, recovery gear, and a good tool set.

What's your goal for this jeep. If you want a lift tires and wheels or do you just want to wheel it in stock form. If it the first I would save some more money. Do it the way you want it the first time.

That is a very generalized question. Are you going to be wheeling this thing or are you building a street Jeep that you think looks cool? You can spend thousands in either direction. Being that you have a light bar already, some Rotopax cans and a snorkel may help the Jeep look cooler....If that's the direction you're going. Trimming your fenders for free gives it a 'lifted' look as well. It's your Jeep, so you need to build it how you want.

I hope they didnt buy a rubicon just to be a mall crawler they could have saved the 10 grand and bought a sport and dressed it up really pretty for that much savings

I don't care for a street look, I definitely want to be off-road and go anywhere set up. I currently only have 1,600$ and that's all I'll have for this for a while, Thank you for ideas though

I went with cutting my fenders a small lift and tiers as I have a rubicon and had factory lockers I also wheeled it stock for a bit to see where it needed improvement to my needs/style but as mentioned recovery gear is a must if your going to wheel it

With that budget, I'd go with 1.5" wheel spacers, 33-35" tires and an Evo oil/trans skid combo. If you have any cash left over, get a 2" budget boost lift. You can coast on that for awhile.

Honestly winches are very useful, but before you incur such a large expense, I would wheel with some friends or acquaintances first to see how comfortable you'd feel wheeling. If you decide that you like wheeling enough that you think you'll go alone, then by all means get a winch.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

If you skip the winch, pick up a come-along, a snatch block, a good tow strap, a tree saver, and a hi-lift. You can get yourself out of most situations with that set up (albeit way more work than just winching out lol)
But, those items, and a small tool kit, would leave you enough to cut your fenders, do an oil skid (recommend EVO) spacers, and probably some used 33's [emoji106]

Honestly, larger tires will make the most difference, off road. They are expensive, even if you run factory wheels and spacers. If you are going to use it off road, and keep it mostly stock, put some sliders on it, and I don't mean steps. I mean LoD or Evo sliders. If you have an automatic transmission, I'd protect that exposed line running under the transmission with an oil pan/transmission skid plate like EVO or RockHard makes.

If you just want it to look better, start with tires and a leveling kit. $1600 doesn't go far.

Honestly, larger tires will make the most difference, off road. They are expensive, even if you run factory wheels and spacers. If you are going to use it off road, and keep it mostly stock, put some sliders on it, and I don't mean steps. I mean LoD or Evo sliders. If you have an automatic transmission, I'd protect that exposed line running under the transmission with an oil pan/transmission skid plate like EVO or RockHard makes.

If you just want it to look better, start with tires and a leveling kit. $1600 doesn't go far.

This. I would start with protecting the jeep if you're going to wheel it sooner than later. Armor, skids, etc. lots of jeep owners wheel their rig stock and a Rubi can certainly do so. Then save money for the lift and tires of your choice.

Top Bottom