Newbie guide to Moab

Bquay20

BeQueer20
Can you make Moab a sort of 'pick your poison' kind of adventure and make the trails you hit as easy or as hard as you want? I've always wanted to get out there, but the Old Lady probably wouldn't be too thrilled if I went on a vacation without her. The only catch I have right now is that she's pregnant, so her tolerance for shenanigans on the trail is definitely...lower, haha. Then after she pops, we're definitely not heading out there with a newborn anytime soon.

Any advice from guys who've done the trip with a wife who likes off roading, but isn't necessarily into the hard core wheeling is appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Cold Gas

Hey just wondering if there are really good deals from vendors during EJS? Trying to decide if I wait for a great deal there of just buy the parts I want now?
Any advise on that would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am heading down for Easter Jeep Safari. I am not really convinced this is a good time to go. Will likely be stupid busy and I am not a fan of crowds like that.
But I suppose that it’s must do it once kinda event.

I think you’ll be surprised at how Moab can absorb a crowd even as big as EJS. I’ve been the last two years and it was much better than I expected, no lines for gas, easy to get tables at restaurants, etc. lots of fun. It’s a great time to go, make sure you take in the vendor show, there will be a crowd there but worth it. Arches NP can be crowded but it’s pretty much that way all the time. Go early or make sure you have a pass, the entrance can get backed up. That’s the only line we saw.
You may get carpal tunnel from waving at every vehicle in town but it’s worth it to be surrounded my a couple thousand Jeeps. Oh yeah, Make sure you get to Milt’s while you’re there.

Hey just wondering if there are really good deals from vendors during EJS? Trying to decide if I wait for a great deal there of just buy the parts I want now?
Any advise on that would be appreciated.

I would wait and see what you can find there. I was able to get screaming deals on things like inner fenders and led lights. Not critical to have so I felt OK waiting to see what kind of bargains I could get.
I like to pick a trail that’s sponsored by a vendor that I’m considering buying from. They are likely to give coupons, etc. not always, but worth a shot.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

tgerfoxmark

No one mentioned mcstiffys? Oops I mean Eddie McStiffs. Pretty decent. Mind you when I go, it’s camping the whole time. Only eat in town maybe once the whole trip. But stop for an avagado (spelling?) At Moab coffee roasters;)

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Cold Gas

I would wait and see what you can find there. I was able to get screaming deals on things like inner fenders and led lights. Not critical to have so I felt OK waiting to see what kind of bargains I could get.
I like to pick a trail that’s sponsored by a vendor that I’m considering buying from. They are likely to give coupons, etc. not always, but worth a shot.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks for the tips.
I was already booked on one with Rockslide and really want their steps so here is hoping I can get a deal from them.

Top Bottom