Newbie questions

silverbackjk

Skip the 33's and go to 35's, skip the body lift and just run a suspension lift, skip the regear if your buying a '12+ and save the money. That's the quick and easy.

If you get 33's you will want to upgrade to 35's and will regret your purchase. Buy once and save yourself the money in the long run. With a 3" suspension lift you have more then enough room to fit the 35's and if you want more room you can cut the fenders and be fine. Remember, even some of those big rigs on 40's are only running 3.5-4" of lift. If you get a '12+ you won't need to regear with 35's if you have 3.73's. I would shop around to get the 3.73's instead of the 3.21's. 3.21's will suck with 35's 3.73's are not bad at all. Then after that just gusset your front axle and have fun with the jeep. Don't worry about the D30 up front right away. Get out and wheel your jeep and learn about it and offroading and worry about upgrading it later.:thumb:

This is so true! I bought 33's and a 2 in lift and only had it for 3 months till I upgraded to 35's and 3.5 in lift. I wasted over almost 2k on 33's and the lift I could of used for other mods.

A_R_A_W_N

Skip the 33's and go to 35's, skip the body lift and just run a suspension lift, skip the regear if your buying a '12+ and save the money. That's the quick and easy.

If you get 33's you will want to upgrade to 35's and will regret your purchase. Buy once and save yourself the money in the long run. With a 3" suspension lift you have more then enough room to fit the 35's and if you want more room you can cut the fenders and be fine. Remember, even some of those big rigs on 40's are only running 3.5-4" of lift. If you get a '12+ you won't need to regear with 35's if you have 3.73's. I would shop around to get the 3.73's instead of the 3.21's. 3.21's will suck with 35's 3.73's are not bad at all. Then after that just gusset your front axle and have fun with the jeep. Don't worry about the D30 up front right away. Get out and wheel your jeep and learn about it and offroading and worry about upgrading it later.:thumb:

Thanks for the advice. The reason I was going to do the body was because of the suggestions from others for the flexing. But I probably should go the route like you stated to save cash.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Thanks for the advice. The reason I was going to do the body was because of the suggestions from others for the flexing. But I probably should go the route like you stated to save cash.

Who gave that advice? :cheesy:

No need to go more then 3" of lift on a JK to fit and flex 35's. Plenty of guys do it with less lift and still get great flex.

Jeepmed

Good advice. Wish I had 3.73's not 3.21's.

Dave_g

Thanks same to you. Ive noticed a lot of vets here!!
Germany is great, a enjoyable experience for sure just need to maximize my time here and travel Germany more. Hopefully will be going go the eagles nest this spring. One of my favorite spots to hike is up to rubble hill, which has its name from when the US and NATO bombs landing in Stuttgart.

Lot of active duty too

Top Bottom