Newbie wants a lift for a JK

critter812

That looks great. About what I'm looking to do. Can you share the specifics of your lift please.

It’s a 2.5” Teraflex but gave me 3” and I hate it wife’s got 3” EVO plush rides gave her 3”! If I knew then what I know now! I would say you need to call on of the vendors on here or someone who sells EVO and go that route! This is an honest position from my experience!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cangro408

It’s a 2.5” Teraflex but gave me 3” and I hate it wife’s got 3” EVO plush rides gave her 3”! If I knew then what I know now! I would say you need to call on of the vendors on here or someone who sells EVO and go that route! This is an honest position from my experience!

wow that’s really good to know someone i know told me teraflex was the shit but i was skeptical and now i def know it’s shit and evo seems promising

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
View attachment 288452 View attachment 288451

i found this lift another member has on their jk any opinions on this evo 2” lift in the front and 1” in the rear they’re apparently coils i tried to find the kit online but i didn’t have any luck also another question the leveling kit someone mentioned before are aftermarket shocks needed separate to this

That’s mine. I bought the front EVO 2” springs separately, because I had some 1” spacers already, for the rear. PM Exodus Jeeps. He’ll fix you up.

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
I spent months doing research even before I bought my jeep. Went to shows, events, and read a ton on forums. I ended up going with the EVO cause the brand is freakin’ rock solid, built for folks who want to wheel hard and not break.

cangro408

That’s mine. I bought the front EVO 2” springs separately, because I had some 1” spacers already, for the rear. PM Exodus Jeeps. He’ll fix you up.

oh ok that’s really cool i feel like your rig has way more gap space between the tire and fender than most of the other jeeps i’ve seen with a similar type lift and also do you have any type of aftermarket shocks ?

USMC Wrangler

Here's an example for you. EVO leveling kit, 1 3/4" rear spacer with "60" OEM springs. I added a 3/4" spacer up front when I added my DIY front bumper and Warn Zeon winch. The tires are Nitto Trail Grapplers 35x12.5R17's. Those are OEM fender flares, trimmed to my taste.

IMG_4405.jpg

IMG_4372.jpg

IMG_4334.jpg

PS - Don't mind the rolled up carpet in the first pic. I was moving.
Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
oh ok that’s really cool i feel like your rig has way more gap space between the tire and fender than most of the other jeeps i’ve seen with a similar type lift and also do you have any type of aftermarket shocks ?

Must be the camera angle. It doesn’t have more tire clearance than any other Jeep with the same set up. It does now, because I trimmed my fenders.

spinned

I put the AEV 2.5" lift on mine and got 3.5" of lift.

Also consider that if you are going from 3.21 gears to a 35" tire you will likely need to regear both differentials. I swapped my 3.21 gears out for 4.56. That was more expensive than the lift... but at least I got my power back. I have a 6-speed, if you have an auto tranny you would likely want 4.88 or 5.13 gears. 35" tires and 3.21 gears turned my cool lifted JK into a total slug... no power at all in 6th gear, 5th was pretty crappy too... and starting out in first was like slipping the clutch to start out in second. It just sucked so I had to regear the differentials.

Of course I am totally happy now that I got both the lift and the new gears

IMG_0651.jpg

Last edited:

JKU007FL

Spinned - That's a great looking Jeep. I am also thinking of installing AEV 2.5" but my concern is how high it will get with 35's. Can you measure how tall is your Jeep? My concern is that my garage is only 80" height. Thanks.

Betsy

I have AEV 2.5 in my 16 Rubicon with 285/75x17, which are really only 33”, very happy with the lift,easy install, good ride,free shipping from Quadratec, got their Salta wheels also, and geometry correction brackets. I will install 35” tires next time, and still have room to get into the garage.

I put the AEV 2.5" lift on mine and got 3.5" of lift.

Also consider that if you are going from 3.21 gears to a 35" tire you will likely need to regear both differentials. I swapped my 3.21 gears out for 4.56. That was more expensive than the lift... but at least I got my power back. I have a 6-speed, if you have an auto tranny you would likely want 4.88 or 5.13 gears. 35" tires and 3.21 gears turned my cool lifted JK into a total slug... no power at all in 6th gear, 5th was pretty crappy too... and starting out in first was like slipping the clutch to start out in second. It just sucked so I had to regear the differentials.

Of course I am totally happy now that I got both the lift and the new gears

View attachment 288571
Great looking 2 door, and really nice photo.

I have the same 2.5" lift on a 2 door with 315 70 17s, and stock 4:10s. I'm happy with my jeep.

spinned

With the 2.5 AEV lift I actually got about 3.5 inches plus the 315/70r17s will add a bit. My jeep stands 76" high. Not sure why I get sideways pictures here but you can see the top of the jeep in relation to my garage door.

IMG_0764.jpg

Last edited:

Rocralr

When I got my JKU I did not know shit. Now two years later I still don't know shit but I know what I like and don't like. Take you time and do the lift once. Look at what's out there and what you like and have the money to do right. I changed my lift out 3 times but now I am happy. My point, if no one has said anything, is to drive your JK and take a look a what others are doing. See what YOU like and don't like. Maybe drive some lifted JK's and see what the ride is like. Good luck and stay safe.

VMSHack

Evo leveling kit should meet all of your criteria and won't mess up your steering angles, control arm angles, nor driveshaft angle. You may have to trim your fenders a little depending on your exact setup once you get the larger tires, but the lift cost will be minimal and it's easy to install. A plus is that the ride is really nice with the new coils.

https://www.offroadevolution.com/product/evo-mfg-1-5-hd-leveling-kit-jk-jku/

Just ordered my Evo level kit...kinda excited to get it on....stock 32’s for now. Cooper STT Pros only a couple months old. [emoji16]

Last edited:

jonathanbottoms

Just to chime in on the whole "fitting in the garage" discussion, here's my Jeep on 4" Rancho springs with 37" Nittos (actually sitting at about 36" due to tire pressure). Good luck with the lift decision! IMG_20170621_171316.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

VMSHack

A quick question about ORE ...I ordered the level kit from them a few days ago...I never received an email confirmation or tracking or anything, it arrived yesterday...really quick. I was very happy. But is it normal for them to not do tracking or confirm emails? From peoples experience? Or do people order from other sites and not directly from them???

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
A quick question about ORE ...I ordered the level kit from them a few days ago...I never received an email confirmation or tracking or anything, it arrived yesterday...really quick. I was very happy. But is it normal for them to not do tracking or confirm emails? From peoples experience? Or do people order from other sites and not directly from them???

I've ordered a few things from them with no issues. One of my parts was like that too. No worries on my part.

VMSHack

I've ordered a few things from them with no issues. One of my parts was like that too. No worries on my part.

Ok thanks...I wasn’t sure if maybe I did something wrong on my end when putting in info or something. I am not really a fan of buying things online for that reason [emoji16] I like B&Ms a lot more lol you can see what you get and you get it now

Top Bottom