Nitto Tire interview with Mel Wade

-very heavy tire- Why do people keep saying this? I can see how that might have some effect on MPG, but other then that don't see why it keeps coming up.

The weight isn't so much about MPG as it is about stress on the powertrain (axle housing, shafts, drivelines...ETC) lighter tire using means less broken parts.

-harmonic vibration at 55-65mph- It sounds like the people that have had this problem have tried to correct the problem with no luck. I would think that this is due to bad alignment, or bad not mounted and balanced right. However it seams that these people have had both these checked.

I've run KM2 on my old pathfinder for years they were good tires IMO but they required a bit a trial and error to balance correctly. Road pressure balancing worked best in my experience and I'm sure the Nitto are not different. I haven't run the Nitto Trail Grapplers on my trucks yet but have driven Jeeps on trail with them and was very impressed, so much so that I have a set sitting in the garage waiting for the rest of my parts to show up for my JK.

-Some say they have good wear and last along time. Others says they wear fast. I'm guessing the fast wear is due to not roating and/or alot of trail use.

Rotation is key for any tires life. But once you get into performance tires tread life is low on the list of important features. Traction is 1st and foremost IMO.

Spartan

The weight isn't so much about MPG as it is about stress on the powertrain (axle housing, shafts, drivelines...ETC) lighter tire using means less broken parts.

My plan is to sleeve and gusset the JKUR front axle. That should help with that.

Spartan

It looks like Nitto has their lugs all one size instead of having them change size. As I understand it other brands use different sizes lugs to brake up the harmonics and give a more quite ride without effecting performance. I was just wondering what it is that Nitto decide not to do this if they where trying to give the Trail Grapplers a more quite ride.

1BAMFR

Hell Yeah....Nittos are Badass! Me and my brother both run them...2nd set for both of us!

Here's a couple pics from yesterday!

Top Bottom