Nitto tires

BlackHawk08jk

I had a person tell me to stay away from Nitto TG in 35 on my JKU Rubicon. Load range E he said was too heavy and would make the jeep prone to death wobble. Said I only needed C tires. Any comments on this?

That seems a lil ridiculous to me.

Wardell

I had a person tell me to stay away from Nitto TG in 35 on my JKU Rubicon. Load range E he said was too heavy and would make the jeep prone to death wobble. Said I only needed C tires. Any comments on this?

That guy doesn't really know what he's talking about. Tires themselves don't cause death wobble. Loose or worn front suspension parts cause death wobble, normally the front track bar or ball joints. If your tires are out of balance the added vibration at a particular speed might set off a death wobble, but even then the real problem is more than likely in the front suspension. BTW, Nitto has a good reputation as far as tire balance goes. Eddie did a really good writeup on death wobble here: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?311-DEATH-WOBBLE-What-it-is-What-it-isn-t-and-What-You-Can-Do-to-Fix-it.

That said, a lower load range tire will ride differently. I've heard some people say E is a bit harsh for them, while others are fine with it. It's very subjective, just like when it comes to comparing springs and shocks. The only way to know if you will like the ride on those tires is to try them out.

Last edited:

Flyboy88

I can definitely agree there a huge change in ride quality when I went to load range E 285s on my JKU. Looking forward to going back to a D or C.

dalearyous

i have 35" nitto trail grapplers and love them. run 25-28 PSI. they are a heavy tire though but hold up great. they were a lot quieter on the highway than i expected given their tread and in the snow they are beasts.

Top Bottom