No doors thread

Hightower

Fun

From our weekend run in AZ, great weather for no doors and some awesome trails for wheeling with no doors!

Look'd like a terrific time brother did you talk Mel into a volume discount on our transfer cases? :cheesy::cheesy:

GCM 2

Sweet pictures! I hope we get another mini-trail report out of this one.

FWIW--I suffered no damage on my Costco run this weekend. :naw:

Well Mike, I avoid Costco as much as possible on the weekends.....the senior citizens aimlessly crawling thru the store in search of free food samples leaving carts in the middle of the isle while they graze, the old folks driving with blinders on thru the parking lot and just the rude a'holes in general in the scottsdale costco is dangerous enough. I think you underestimate costco :doh:

Hopefully Eddie and Cindy have time to do a mini photo essay or some in the raw footage. I was rolling solo and the trails were fairly technical, so I did not get a chance to take as many shots as I wanted. But I will share what I have my brother!

Look'd like a terrific time brother did you talk Mel into a volume discount on our transfer cases? :cheesy::cheesy:

Chris, it was awesome for many reasons:
-absolutely gorgeous weather
-epic trails and scenery
-4 almost identically built rigs, Moby had the stick, the rest were autos
-4 very skilled drivers, no bragging here, but having all capable drivers and very capable rigs is what allowed us to cover 7 trails in two days. On day one alone, we covered almost 47 miles of of serious wheeling terrain in 8 hours. At times we were seriously blasting thru the canyons and washes. Only made possible by the ProRock 60's and Double Throw Down suspensions. Like I always say, my rig is only waiting on a better driver to come along.

Edit: just keeping holding your breath and crossing your fingers on the volume Atlas discount. Their website says the 4speeds are under redesign or something :(

Last edited:

Hightower

Well Mike, I avoid Costco as much as possible on the weekends.....the senior citizens aimlessly crawling thru the store in search of free food samples leaving carts in the middle of the isle while they graze, the old folks driving with blinders on thru the parking lot and just the rude a'holes in general in the scottsdale costco is dangerous enough. I think you underestimate costco :doh:

Hopefully Eddie and Cindy have time to do a mini photo essay or some in the raw footage. I was rolling solo and the trails were fairly technical, so I did not get a chance to take as many shots as I wanted. But I will share what I have my brother!

Chris, it was awesome for many reasons:
-absolutely gorgeous weather
-epic trails and scenery
-4 almost identically built rigs, Moby had the stick, the rest were autos
-4 very skilled drivers, no bragging here, but having all capable drivers and very capable rigs is what allowed us to cover 7 trails in two days. On day one alone, we covered almost 47 miles of of serious wheeling terrain in 8 hours. At times we were seriously blasting thru the canyons and washes. Only made possible by the ProRock 60's and Double Throw Down suspensions. Like I always say, my rig is only waiting on a better driver to come along.

Edit: just keeping holding your breath and crossing your fingers on the volume Atlas discount. Their website says the 4speeds are under redesign or something :(
Greg

I haven't read much of anything regarding problems with the 4 spd have you? I wonder whats up?

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
back on track

doorless in Moab, the only way to go :thumb:

doorlessmoab-1.jpg

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Here's mine. I LOVE living in AZ where I can stay doorless for weeks at a a time. Not possible on the east coast.

84b8773d.jpg

Been testing out the new homemade mesh bikini top. $22 worth of stuff from Lowes.

ed1ae86e.jpg

Drayko88

highoctane said:
Here's mine. I LOVE living in AZ where I can stay doorless for weeks at a a time. Not possible on the east coast.

I am very jealous of u west coasters for that fact : )

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I spent the first 29 years of my life on the east coast, and def don't miss it. I doubt I'll ever move back.

Drayko88

highoctane said:
I spent the first 29 years of my life on the east coast, and def don't miss it. I doubt I'll ever move back.

If i lived out there i wouldnt either, i have alot if family on the west coast and think its beautiful, unfortunately for the moment im stuck on the east coast but i plan to get out there eventually

Top Bottom