No more 2013 orders?

Mtsnowjk

Today the dealership told me that Jeep is no longer accepting custom orders for 2013 rubicons. They said that if I want to order one, I have to wait until Jeep starts accepting 2014 orders in September. Has anyone else heard this or is the sales guy giving me a line? I get that Jeep has to cut off orders at some point but it seems early to me. I guess it's a sign that Jeep has a huge backlog.

Mtsnowjk

Yeah that's my plan for tomorrow cuz I think its BS ... He was trying to convince me to buy the only rubicon he had on the lot. It's a black 10th anniversary. Really sweet but not what I want.

Webe

Orders

I do know that many auto dealers do cut off orders in June due to moving that years stock. I agree with checking with another dealership. Something to think about though, if you are planing on modifying the suspension & going to say Pro Rock axles that you are wasting $$$ getting a Rubi.

MTG

Caught the Bug
That's probably about right actually. I think the order banks for the new ones will start this month or early next month. At that's the way it was for the last couple of years.

Edit: Thinking back it was early June when the opened. And you should get it in the August timeframe.

JAGS

Hooked
That's probably about right actually. I think the order banks for the new ones will start this month or early next month. At that's the way it was for the last couple of years.

Edit: Thinking back it was early June when the opened. And you should get it in the August timeframe.

I'm concurring with MTG here. I ordered mine in May of 2012 and it was the last week to order custom 2012s. Was about a month or so until 2013s could be ordered. September might be a little long? Last year May, I couldn't wait the month or two for the 2013s to open up as I was coming out of a lease.

I'd still check with another dealer though as some high-volume dealers may be able to push timelines a little with the factory. But your real close to the cut-off.

Mtsnowjk

Thanks. It kinda sucks if this is true because the dealership gets all the leverage unless people wait until later in the year. Dang it really does pay to buy toward the end of the year. My dilemma is do I hold on to my 2009 JKU until later in the year when it will be over 100k miles or work with the dealership to hopefully find the dune rubi that I want but lose leverage in the price negotiation. Assuming I can even find a dune rubi with the options I am looking for.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
That is correct. 2013 orders are closed. If you already did the paperwork, they should honor the price for 14. Chrysler actually canceled someone's order (on another forum) saying it was too late. He is getting a 14 for the same price, just a slightly later delivery.

Mtsnowjk

Just got back from a different dealership (Dans Jeep in Massachusetts). They confirmed that 2013 orders are closed. They said that 2014 will open some time this month. Until then they weren't able to tell be pricing, colors or option combinations. Waiting a few weeks is ok with me so that's my plan.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Top Bottom