No shops near Sacramento that do good work?

Speeddmn

I don't know if it is or not and I'm not trying to piss anyone off I'm just looking for people, more experienced than I for help that's all. I wish I could do the work myself but I don't feel comfortable doing it as I don't have a garage, Or a jack and jack stands, or all the necessary tools. Like I said, Maybe I'm wrong and blowing everything out of proportion so that's what I need to know and I was hoping to get someone here to explain that to me.

Just throwing this out there, if you don't have the tools to fix these small items, what will happen if you are in BFE and one of the arms comes loose? You need to be able to fix these items yourself in the middle of no where. As to the size of the tools you will need and jacks, just head down to the local store and tell the guy/gal behind the counter what you have and what you want to do. I'm sure they will assist you in getting the correct tools.

Typical JKUR will need a minimum of a 2.5 Ton (5000lb) jack and 4 jack stands, each stand should be at the least 1.5 ton for weight capacity. Place the jack under the rear axle pumpkin and raise it up until you can get the jack stands under the axle tube. Repeat for the front (little trickier), I do one side at a time to place the jack stand. You can also raise the jeep from the side using the frame as a jack point. I suggest you don't place the jack under anything that moves IE your control arms, or their joints.

Again as stated by others, if you don't know how to do something, ask for help from someone local before giving your money to a shop. We all understand that not everyone knows everything, but we all know enough to help or get us into trouble.

Godspeed409

FWIW: I've heard good things about Cloakworks 4x4 in rancho cordova but no personal experience. They may be able to help?

Desert Crawler

Take it to WFO Concepts in Auburn. Great shop. Great group of guys. Ask for Trevor.
I second this recommendation. If that doesn't work for you try Varozza 4x4 Outfitters in Diamond Springs near Placerville. Both shops are very knowledgeable and sponsor jeep events like the Jeepers Jamboree.

Top Bottom