Non-Jeep truck

TrailHunter

Hooked
I agree. Only thing I would be concerned about is a ladder rack and that weight. But who puts a ton of weight on a ladder rack anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I’ve already had a a few 20’ - 4x12 beams on it and will eventually be loading much larger PSL beams on it... I bolted the aluminum rack & box directly to the bed using large 5/8” aluminum spacers to distribute the load better. It’s solid.

IMG_9413.jpg

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I do have to add, the 2016 Ram I just bought is pretty sweet. I drove 170 miles at 73 mph on I-55, and about 60 mph on a 2 lane highway. I averaged 21.4 mpg. It was about 70% interstate highway. That’s pretty good for having 395 hp & 410 lb.ft. torque.

desertrunner

Few months back I bought a 16 F150 3.5 Ecoboost and so far I love it. Does everything I need it to do and I'm actually pretty surprised at how much power the 3.5 has. It towed my Jeep and 20' trailer (7000 ish lb) to Moab and back from Montana just fine crusing 70.
Apparently the 3.5 has a bad rep of blowing up if towing alot? (Read that on another thread here)
If your looking at 15 and up just note in the Ecoboost F150s that the new 8 speed transmission came out in 17 so 17 and up will have that. I drove my buddies 17 for a day to test it out and I couldn't stand how much it shifted all the fucking time so I elected to go 16 with the 6 speed. But that's just my own nit picky stuff and if you go v8 it will have the 6 speed.
But so far no complaints about my truck

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
Few months back I bought a 16 F150 3.5 Ecoboost and so far I love it. Does everything I need it to do and I'm actually pretty surprised at how much power the 3.5 has. It towed my Jeep and 20' trailer (7000 ish lb) to Moab and back from Montana just fine crusing 70.
Apparently the 3.5 has a bad rep of blowing up if towing alot? (Read that on another thread here)
If your looking at 15 and up just note in the Ecoboost F150s that the new 8 speed transmission came out in 17 so 17 and up will have that. I drove my buddies 17 for a day to test it out and I couldn't stand how much it shifted all the fucking time so I elected to go 16 with the 6 speed. But that's just my own nit picky stuff and if you go v8 it will have the 6 speed.
But so far no complaints about my truck

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have the 10spd and I noticed you can feel the shifting more in sport mode then normal mode... I actually kinda like feeling the gears now... Also, a cool thing I figured out is you can turn off gears while driving... so I can make it a 4,5 or 6 speed whenever I want. Kinda wish I had the 2.7 turbo in my Jeep.

dillard09

I have the 10spd and I noticed you can feel the shifting more in sport mode then normal mode... I actually kinda like feeling the gears now... Also, a cool thing I figured out is you can turn off gears while driving... so I can make it a 4,5 or 6 speed whenever I want. Kinda wish I had the 2.7 turbo in my Jeep.

I have a 17 Raptor with the 10 speed. I hated how it would skip gears when in normal mode. So I got an MPT tune so that way I hit all 10 gears plus a little HP bump. So much smoother and I actually love the power that the 3.5 has. I get about 14-15 on the highway and at 80 with 37s. Not the best but no complaints.
Im actually thinking about towing with it and curious to see how it does.

JKbrick

I have a 17 Raptor with the 10 speed. I hated how it would skip gears when in normal mode. So I got an MPT tune so that way I hit all 10 gears plus a little HP bump. So much smoother and I actually love the power that the 3.5 has. I get about 14-15 on the highway and at 80 with 37s. Not the best but no complaints.
Im actually thinking about towing with it and curious to see how it does.

I’d love to see a pic of your truck, I have a cousin and a customer that both have supercharged Rousch trucks that are also cool

jdofmemi

I’ve already had a a few 20’ - 4x12 beams on it and will eventually be loading much larger PSL beams on it... I bolted the aluminum rack & box directly to the bed using large 5/8” aluminum spacers to distribute the load better. It’s solid.

View attachment 314784

That's a nice looking rack. It works well with the truck and box.

Here she is. Her name is Ruby.

When you have to work, do it in style!

Nice ride!

The aluminum comments are funny. I guess we should tell the trucking industry to quit making semi trailers out of aluminum. Being how fragile it is and all. [emoji12]

Anyhoo. I’ll make you a great deal on my ‘07 Silverado. lol

Top Bottom