Non-Rubicon Rear D-44 Shaft Upgrade

metalic

Ya it really sux breaking it all at once. Luckily I trailered it that weekend. As soon as I got the shafts out I made the call to get a new set of rear shafts coming.
No questions asked warranty is nice.
I am ordering a front complete replacement axle on Monday.
And I am here fishing for advice for the rear. Bad thing is I just installed the rear locker and shafts not thinking that the 30 spline chromoly shafts wouldn't be enough.
So my thoughts are change the locker and shafts to a 35spline if possible.
Or just drive it like it is till I can afford to get a rear d60. Which could be another year.
Or maybe even chance a junkyard 1 ton. But my thoughts on the JY axle is it's gonna cost damn near the same as a d60 that is already built.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
I sold my arb for 500 and upgraded to 35 spline. Cheaper upgrade and if it holds great if not the guy tht buys it would be happier with 35 spline anyway

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

jorgelrod

Hooked
That's the info I am searching for. Is there a 35 spline shaft/locker that will fit the sport d44

Dynatrac has their Kit which includes the Locker, Shafts and axle cover for the Sport 44, not a bad price below $2K either...

I thought about this Kit for the rear for myself, but seeing as how I live in mud country and wanted to upgrade my D30 to a PR44, I decided to hold on it. I'm on 35's and don't wheel as hard as most of the guys here, I can wait a few years to do this or a Trail 60. I might still look at the Revolution so I can have my stock as a trail spare so in a few years I can start taking the Jeep Stateside and maybe be able to do one run with Eddie and the guys to Moab or the Rubicon...

Last edited:

BertaNation

Think I may just reassemble my housing w the stock shafts and sell it. Hopefully I can get 1200 for it. And then sell the new shafts that come in for 300.
I will be almost half way to a 60 axle.
Let's just go ahead and get it done and plan for the future.

Top Bottom