North Carolina/Tennessee Jeep Club and Wheeling Questions-

Diddle_JKU

First off, being new to the forums, if this is in the wrong area please forgive me (I looked around and wasn't quite sure where to post it).

Just found out there's a chance we might be doing a pretty big relocation, from Oregon to either eastern Tennessee or western NC. Wanted to find out from any folks here that reside in that area what the wheeling is like, any groups or clubs, in general what is the scene like for Jeep folk?

Thanks

Wheeling is great out this way, buy a set of swampers and come on. There are several wheeling spots around here. Rush offroad and harlan in eastern ky. Adventure offroad, bikini bottom, and windrock in tenn. Bearwallow in wv, uwharrie in nc. Lots of narrow, wooded, sometimes sloppy trails. A good deal of rocks.

Sent from my LGLS991 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Wheeling is great out this way, buy a set of swampers and come on. There are several wheeling spots around here. Rush offroad and harlan in eastern ky. Adventure offroad, bikini bottom, and windrock in tenn. Bearwallow in wv, uwharrie in nc. Lots of narrow, wooded, sometimes sloppy trails. A good deal of rocks.

Sent from my LGLS991 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I live outside Memphis in west Tennessee. I wouldn't bother with bikini bottoms. Just my opinion. Not worth the drive from East Tennessee for a small park and a mud pit. Again just my opinion.

But to add to the rest of this list. Hawk Pride OHV in Tuscumbia, AL. Hot Springs OHV Park in hot springs Arkansas both are good parks. Also for basic trails with minor obstacles try land between the lakes.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

First off, being new to the forums, if this is in the wrong area please forgive me (I looked around and wasn't quite sure where to post it).

Just found out there's a chance we might be doing a pretty big relocation, from Oregon to either eastern Tennessee or western NC. Wanted to find out from any folks here that reside in that area what the wheeling is like, any groups or clubs, in general what is the scene like for Jeep folk?

Thanks

In Tennessee expect a lot of mud and brush.

There's only one state-owned park in NC - Uwharrie. It's a great beginner trail to learn what a Jeep can do. There are some unpublished trails branching off the Blue Ridge Parkway to find if you're up for it. As others mentioned there are plenty more West of that.

Top Bottom