Northern AZ vs. Reno NV areas??

TLC Offroad

Thanks Sharkey. I keep looking at housing prices out there and I can see that they have been climbing. They would take a while to catch up with what I have become accustomed to in this area. Anything that costs less than my 984 square foot apartment with it's $2400 a month rent is gonna seem like a bargain!

For $2500 a month here you can buy 7000 sq foot home lol and as far as growth go's, yes it's been growing but from where your at this area is nothing like the population you have to deal with back there. It will take a long time to use up the open space here. If you like a variety of things to do or wheel this place has it.

GueroDave

I am a AZ native (very rare) and if I had to choose I would say Reno. Don't get me wrong Flagstaff is great. It is more of a pine tree up in the mountains terrain. Reno is chose to Tahoe and the Rubicon. If you into Off-roading you will have more areas in Reno.

I currently have a home in Phoenix metro and an apartment in Sacramento. In AZ I do more quad riding and in CA more Jeep.

Hope that helps

mikefishes

I am a AZ native (very rare) and if I had to choose I would say Reno. Don't get me wrong Flagstaff is great. It is more of a pine tree up in the mountains terrain. Reno is chose to Tahoe and the Rubicon. If you into Off-roading you will have more areas in Reno.

I currently have a home in Phoenix metro and an apartment in Sacramento. In AZ I do more quad riding and in CA more Jeep.

Hope that helps

Thanks for the input, Dave! We just booked some tickets to Reno, so that is what we are gonna check out first. You and a few others, mentioned the proximity to Tahoe and the rubicon and that really appeals to us.

mikefishes

LOL!! Oh trust me, in spite of the growth, Reno/Sparks is far from anything like what you see in the DC area. That being said, a 20 min drive in any direction away from the development will take you back out to the middle of nowhere. Of course, we live about 40 min south of it in Carson City and live here for a reason.

Let me know what you're hoping to see and do and I might be able to point you in a direction or two.

Eddie, Thanks for the generous offer! We will be in Reno 29 October thru the First of November. We purposely did not book rooms yet as we aren't really sure where the travels will take us. We plan on looking at some properties one or two of the days. On the other days we would love to squeeze in a hike, see the sights (Lake Tahoe maybe), just generally get a feel for the area. We are certainly open to anything you might think is worthwhile.

Thanks Michael and Andrea

Robs_Red_JK

I know I am a little late for this thread but I thought I would chime in anyhow. I moved to Reno about 3 years ago to branch out on my own and coming from a small town before Reno was easy to adjust to. And like others have stated it is very nice to have all the city amenities but still being able to go out wheeling and shooting and quad riding in the desert if we want. Also it is very nice to take day trips to Tahoe and up to the Rubicon if you want as well. Hope this helps. I would be happy to make suggestions of places to check out as well. Have a great trip out here!:clap2:

mikefishes

I know I am a little late for this thread but I thought I would chime in anyhow. I moved to Reno about 3 years ago to branch out on my own and coming from a small town before Reno was easy to adjust to. And like others have stated it is very nice to have all the city amenities but still being able to go out wheeling and shooting and quad riding in the desert if we want. Also it is very nice to take day trips to Tahoe and up to the Rubicon if you want as well. Hope this helps. I would be happy to make suggestions of places to check out as well. Have a great trip out here!:clap2:

Good to hear! We will be out there a week from Thursday. We seem to have figured out most of our literary. Mainly we are wondering what to do on Halloween night. We are mainly looking to people watch OR go somewhere unique.

Robs_Red_JK

Good to hear! We will be out there a week from Thursday. We seem to have figured out most of our literary. Mainly we are wondering what to do on Halloween night. We are mainly looking to people watch OR go somewhere unique.

there will surely be some great people watching to be had downtown. I know in the Virginia street area by the silver legacy and eldorado there will be alot going on so im sure that there will be plenty of interesting folks out. And there is also a haunted house that will be somewhere around there as well.:thumb:

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I grew up in the Prescott area. Although it's nice, there are better places in the Northern AZ area. Williams, the gateway to the Grand Canyon is nice. So is Flagstaff, although it's a bit more of a college town. If I were to move back to AZ it would be to Sedona or the small mountain town of Walker. Just some things to think about.

EDIT: Either way, if you end up visiting near Flagstaff Check out the burger joint 'BunHuggers'. It's worth the drive. Also, take a drive up to Jerome. It's a great drive for sure, and there's an awesome burger joint there too!

Last edited:

e.miller

I think the reno area is much nicer....more beauyiful and the climate is better......plus you got Tahoo right there 30 minutes away.....skiing and lets not forget the rubicon trail is right there......

Rufio

I'd definitely say Reno. I have spent any time in Arizona, but I lived in Reno/Sparks for three years. I moved out there after getting a job offer and moved back south after a divorce. I miss the hell out of it on a regular basis. There is so much to do year round out there. I'd move back in a heartbeat if given the chance.

Top Bottom