Not a newbie but I am to my new Rubi Unlimited

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
The max tow package had the 4.10s. Most new Rubicons are coming with 3.73s but you can still get the 4.10s if you order it, if the dealer ordered it, or if you get the tow package.

segt99

My 2015 was the last rubicon left on the lot a few das before new years. They wanted it off the lot and i was more than happy to help them out with that.

Dopey84

I don't see the ratio on the sticker on my door jam... Just tire size, passengers, total weight capacity...

WJCO

Meme King

WJCO

Meme King
Tried the link entered my vin nothing came up I'll try my local dealer see if they can pull it up

Also on your diff cover bolts, one bolt should have a metal tag hanging off. Ratio should be on there too. As long as some knucklehead didn't leave it off when doing repairs on it.

WarriorJeep

On my build sheet it appears to be an add on

20160118_153934.jpg

That being said, my neighbor has a 2015 JKURHR automatic with 35s and could not stand it, he regeared to 4.10 and is happy now

Last edited:
My wife has been trying to talk me into ordering the new Jeep with an automatic because she refuses to drive manual. But, now I am leaning more to manual than ever.

segt99

Use this link:
http://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/...ountry=us&emailUrl=goToEmailForm%28%27R%27%29

Go to 'Equipment Listing' in the 'Your Vehicle' Section. Enter your VIN. Sometimes they'll list the ratio there, either way, free online build sheet.

EDIT: Call local Parts Dept with your VIN and they should be able to get it too.

Thanks for that link. Mine came with the 3.73s. So it looks like once I add the 35s I am going to need to change the gears. Now to decide which lift and how high...:yup:

Roverrich

So I was in the same boat as you. Here is what I learned, first of if you are NOT putting on any heavy bumpers, winch etc and you don't do hardcore offroading, then the budget boost is perfect and cost effective. I ran mine w/ 35" and was quite pleased. I use my jeep as a DD and off road for hunting/fishing/camping etc, no rocks, and both the stock jeep and budget boost was fine. I added tires and lift to clear one obstacle on my farm, but otherwise no prob. I lifted also 'cause frankly I like the looks. Once I added bumpers, winch, I lost a lot of the lift and the jeep looks kinda "squat", so now I'm doing a proper lift w/ geo correction brackets.

As far as the power, I too have 35" KO2s and 3.73 gears, power is adequate in flat IL, but if you are in the hills/mountains, I think you will be wanting to re-gear. For the highway, I can cruise 65 or more no problem, but passing, the jeep will struggle.

jeep1.jpg

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Jeep3.jpg
    Jeep3.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 57

segt99

So I was in the same boat as you. Here is what I learned, first of if you are NOT putting on any heavy bumpers, winch etc and you don't do hardcore offroading, then the budget boost is perfect and cost effective. I ran mine w/ 35" and was quite pleased. I use my jeep as a DD and off road for hunting/fishing/camping etc, no rocks, and both the stock jeep and budget boost was fine. I added tires and lift to clear one obstacle on my farm, but otherwise no prob. I lifted also 'cause frankly I like the looks. Once I added bumpers, winch, I lost a lot of the lift and the jeep looks kinda "squat", so now I'm doing a proper lift w/ geo correction brackets.

As far as the power, I too have 35" KO2s and 3.73 gears, power is adequate in flat IL, but if you are in the hills/mountains, I think you will be wanting to re-gear. For the highway, I can cruise 65 or more no problem, but passing, the jeep will struggle.

View attachment 183206

Hope this helps.

Thanks for that great information. I am very much so similar to you. I was thinking BB but I already have a front bumper and plan to get the rear. I just like the added security on and off road. So I will need to go with a coil lift not a spacer lift. What size "proper" lift did you go with and buy who? I have read that if i stay 2.5"-3" I won't have to ever worry about the drive shaft angle and the boots.

Roverrich

I went back and forth between TF, EVO, RK, and AEV. I ended up ordering a RK 2.5" w/ Bilsteins and I hopefully will get it installed this weekend. I was told that the RK and AEV seem to have the best manners onroad and for my purposes this would be perfect. The EVO gets great reviews, but shipping to me was over $100.... :eek:

segt99

I went back and forth between TF, EVO, RK, and AEV. I ended up ordering a RK 2.5" w/ Bilsteins and I hopefully will get it installed this weekend. I was told that the RK and AEV seem to have the best manners onroad and for my purposes this would be perfect. The EVO gets great reviews, but shipping to me was over $100.... :eek:

Maybe if we are lucky when you get it installed I can see a before and after picture. And a link or P/N to what you bought. :thumb:

Roverrich

As promised, here are the before and after pics, I'm quite pleased with the way it turned out. The ride is better than stock in that it is more plush, but still firm in turns, had yet to get off road, but did try the flex and it is crazy how much more flex I get. I also installed longer brake lines which allow the suspension to articulate. Tell me what you guys think:
Jeep_pre.jpg
Jeep_RK1.jpg

Top Bottom