Ob_tjs journey to pick up a 2017 Jeep JKUR

jesse3638

Hooked
View attachment 287933 and we are off from our beautiful 5 star resort in Baker California...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
WTF? Should have driven another hour and stayed in Lenwood. I didn't even know Baker's Motels were open.
How did you get around the shit hole Cali tax ? Was thinking of buying are truck in Idaho or Wyoming, we only have till the end of the year an we are outta here and in Idaho permanently, but we are undecided and in need of a truck.
There is really no way around it. When you go to register it in CA they'll ask for the purchase price and expect you pay taxes on that. It can get really complicated outside of our dumb state. Especially when you take into consideration CARB. That's why there are certain new vehicles which cannot be brought into CA unless they are 50 state compliant or used. That's why you'll see the "same" vehicle sold in other states for thousands less.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

WTF? Should have driven another hour and stayed in Lenwood. I didn't even know Baker's Motels were open.

There is really no way around it. When you go to register it in CA they'll ask for the purchase price and expect you pay taxes on that. It can get really complicated outside of our dumb state. Especially when you take into consideration CARB. That's why there are certain new vehicles which cannot be brought into CA unless they are 50 state compliant or used. That's why you'll see the "same" vehicle sold in other states for thousands less.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Got ya, nice jeep and hope to meet on the trail some day.

Top Bottom