Off/On road lightning

YKPizzaGuy

Any thoughts on the JW Speaker 8700 series led lights for the JK's?

I have them in mine and I love them...I like the blacked out look and the light they put out is very good

Plus if I need extra light I use the 50" light bar ;)

Last edited:

MrJ3sser

I was looking at getting the truck-lite and rigid package through northridge and I want to use the rigids to replace my fogs. I'm guessing that flood would be the best route to go to replace fogs but I have a PSC bumper that has the fogs inset into the bumper (pictured below). Will this limit the flood range?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 153

dhughes16

Does anyone on here have their D series routed into their Fog light harness so they don’t have to re route and install another button or will that not work due to the relay missing?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

USMC Wrangler

Does anyone on here have their D series routed into their Fog light harness so they don’t have to re route and install another button or will that not work due to the relay missing?

I don’t know what D series lights are and honestly to lazy to read through the thread. Sorry

I do have cheap Amazon LED auxiliary lights on my front bumper and they are wires to the factory switch. They’ve worked perfectly like that, for two years and no extra relays needed.

WJCO

Meme King

Although those pod lights are bright as fuck, they don't hardly draw any amps so I would imagine you'll be just fine without the relay. Just double check the amp draw on the Rigid lights and add that to the amp draw for your factory fogs. As long as the fuse is bigger than that, you should be fine. I have the Dually D2s on my WJ, and IIRC, I didn't use a relay at all. Along with that, consider how often they likely won't be used (most Jeepers anyways).

Just checked their website, most of their pod lights only draw about 3 amps.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

dhughes16

Although those pod lights are bright as fuck, they don't hardly draw any amps so I would imagine you'll be just fine without the relay. Just double check the amp draw on the Rigid lights and add that to the amp draw for your factory fogs. As long as the fuse is bigger than that, you should be fine. I have the Dually D2s on my WJ, and IIRC, I didn't use a relay at all. Along with that, consider how often they likely won't be used (most Jeepers anyways).

Just checked their website, most of their pod lights only draw about 3 amps.

View attachment 311378

Awesome! Thanks a lot for the info. Hopefully I get it finished this weekend. I live in Alaska away from town so I actually use them quite a bit during the winter months. Otherwise I’d just hook them up like normal pods.

Top Bottom