Offroading near Asheville, NC

Flatattack

The family and I will be in Asheville Jan. 17-21. Are there any locals in the area wishing to do a little trail riding?

Sc741

I would try and do Hurricane Creek road again. It was snowed and iced out the first time I tried it. If I can I could get at least one more to go too.

Flatattack

I would try and do Hurricane Creek road again. It was snowed and iced out the first time I tried it. If I can I could get at least one more to go too.

Well I will be there, I am a Florida boy so wheeling on snow and ice will be a new experience for me. Really hoping to to hit a trail while I'm in town. There appears to be a ride in Marion, NC on the 18th that I may give a shot. But if you or a group want to ride Hurricane Creek that could be fun.

Last edited:

Sc741

Well I will be there, I am a Florida boy so wheeling on snow and ice will be a new experience for me. Really hoping to to hit a trail while I'm in town. There appears to be a ride in Marion, NC on the 18th that I may give a shot. But if you or a group want to ride Hurricane Creek that could be fun.

I've been to the Flats too. Some trails are narly. If it's wet, it a ice rink but that is pretty much anywhere with red clay. I am a FL boy too but have done plenty of snow wheeling. My ex living in JAX beach so I am familiar with your area and wheeling. Worst case google Hurricane Creek road and down load some maps. The Pisgah forest is even just a nice dirt road drive up. Last year at Pisgah:

image-1510128689.jpg

Jason W.

We have had very little snow in the area yet this year, I think Ashville has only had a dusting or so. I am sure hoping for it though, I feel like were the only part of the country that hasn't gotten our share yet this year.

Flatattack

I've been watch a lot of videos from Hurricane Creek. It looks like a fun trail. Anyone interested in riding Hurricane on the 18th.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I've been to the Flats too. Some trails are narly. If it's wet, it a ice rink but that is pretty much anywhere with red clay. I am a FL boy too but have done plenty of snow wheeling. My ex living in JAX beach so I am familiar with your area and wheeling. Worst case google Hurricane Creek road and down load some maps. The Pisgah forest is even just a nice dirt road drive up. Last year at Pisgah:

View attachment 62062

Where bouts in Pisgah please? I go up there all the time. Mostly on Brevard side.

Flatattack

Bump, there are two of us so far planning to ride on the 18th. Hurricane Creek seems to be the destination. Anyone else??

Flatattack

Had an awesome time riding Hurricane Creek. It was covered in snow which made it that more excited for a Florida boy. Got a couple pictures and a GoPro video that I'll have to edit and post.

Attachments

• image-1888008457.jpg
    image-1888008457.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 60
  • image-1441648563.jpg
    image-1441648563.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 61
  • image-1087130001.jpg
    image-1087130001.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 63
  • image-1655697860.jpg
    image-1655697860.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 62
  • image-1155313871.jpg
    image-1155313871.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 60
  • image-1117199950.jpg
    image-1117199950.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 62

Sc741

Cool! Sorry I couldn't make it. Too much work plus my front drive shaft took a dump on me this week. I had to take it out. Glad you had a great time.

Top Bottom