Oh my freaking jeep

tkkim

Your CEL could also be just informing you about your turn signal problem. Is your engine running OK?

Engine is ok. But when i got both sign, my jeep rpm didn't go over 3000 even I push gas pedal till end. But after restart engine it's gone.. But engine light still on..

PS - i check the code and it just show this '-------'

Moochie

Engine is ok. But when i got both sign, my jeep rpm didn't go over 3000 even I push gas pedal till end. But after restart engine it's gone.. But engine light still on..

PS - i check the code and it just show this '-------'

Some codes only show up on Chrysler star scan tool.

Moochie

If your problems started right after you installed the lights there could be a connection. When you take your Jeep back to the dealership you can show them how you wired them up. It might help with the diagnosis.

Beyrgut

Or disconnect what you did and see if your problems go away. No sense in having the dealer say it was your fault and charge you. If it still occurs leave it disconnected for them to troubleshoot.

If it goes away post up some pics and description of what you did and we can help diagnose it.:thumb:

jeeeep

Hooked
are you still under warranty, how many miles?

I'd do as recommended earlier and remove the piaa lights to see if that cures the problem, if not I'd take it back and let them troubleshoot.

ask them if they tested the TIPM FYI - out of warranty the TIPM is about a $1000K+ fix, they go for about $600 with core charge and you do need to get the one for your VIN or the dealer may charge extra to flash it.

Both rear doors on mine went out and it's traced back to the TIPM, the $1000 quote is what I got from a local repair shop, I called the dealer and they wanted more, I now have manual rear doors ...

because the rear door relays are on the bottom layer of the TIPM it's not repairable.

tkkim

I'd do as recommended earlier and remove the piaa lights to see if that cures the problem, if not I'd take it back and let them troubleshoot.

ask them if they tested the TIPM FYI - out of warranty the TIPM is about a $1000K+ fix, they go for about $600 with core charge and you do need to get the one for your VIN or the dealer may charge extra to flash it.

Both rear doors on mine went out and it's traced back to the TIPM, the $1000 quote is what I got from a local repair shop, I called the dealer and they wanted more, I now have manual rear doors ...

because the rear door relays are on the bottom layer of the TIPM it's not repairable.

The piaa 520 is connected to the front signal light wires. I didn't touch the tipm or the rear signal light relay. Also my engine light is on now. Does the tipm have to do with this? Also i installed everything according to the piaa instruction manual. Have you ever heard about the windshield causing these problems? Thanks guys.

Last edited:

tkkim

And FYI my jeep is 40k mi on it. 2012.

Is it still cover by warranty?

jeeeep

Hooked
The piaa 520 is connected to the front signal light wires. I didn't touch the tipm or the rear signal light relay. Also my engine light is on now. Does the tipm have to do with this? Also i installed everything according to the piaa instruction manual. Have you ever heard about the windshield causing these problems? Thanks guys.

yea it kind of does, since everything passes through the TIPM which also helps monitor and control the current, if something is not correct it'll disable that circuit and/or because the relays are mutli-use relays it can cause various errors - it's pretty amazing how much the TIPM controls since multiple modules can share inputs without having to run multiple wires.

IMO, it's best to run add-ons especially lights off a separate fuse box or relays and not connect to the existing wiring.

tkkim

yea it kind of does, since everything passes through the TIPM which also helps monitor and control the current, if something is not correct it'll disable that circuit and/or because the relays are mutli-use relays it can cause various errors - it's pretty amazing how much the TIPM controls since multiple modules can share inputs without having to run multiple wires.

IMO, it's best to run add-ons especially lights off a separate fuse box or relays and not connect to the existing wiring.

Thanks! I'll disconnect by my self first tomorrow instead of going dealer ship!!

tkkim

I just disconnect everything.. But happened again.. Gonna go dealer ship on monday.

jeeeep

Hooked
did you disconnect the ground? disconnect the ground for about 5-10 minutes and see if it resets and clears.

tkkim

After doing a quick search "done" means you have no codes. You need to get it back to the dealership. If you disconnect your battery it could erase what stored codes you have. This will make it harder to figure out what the issues are.

Fortunately i got this after I disconnect battery. So hopefully

Top Bottom