Oil pan skid Options?

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I would normally recommend the evo, but seeing how bad your pan is I'd probably go with the rock hard skid.

Panda

Panda mentioned he dented his before he put the skid on, dealership said it was fine, but I didn't see it before. He might have better input.
I dented mine pretty good, (bad driving) my dealer said it was ok just to add a skid
Thanks, I didn't know it happened till I got underneath it to clean it so I drove it home ect and didn't have any problems ect... so I'm kinda assuming its good, not to worried about it

Yours looks like it mostly dented on the corners which is far from the pickup, you should be fine just adding a skid :yup:

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
With that much bash I would recommend changing it. It's pretty easy to do, and you'll have it all apart so you can add the skid while you're at it. There's a writeup I did years ago over on JK Forum for my 07 if you need some instruction.

OHIORUBICON

I dented mine pretty good, (bad driving) my dealer said it was ok just to add a skid

Yours looks like it mostly dented on the corners which is far from the pickup, you should be fine just adding a skid :yup:

Thats what i was looking for, thank you. I might order the skid see if i can make it work and if all fails then order the new pan and replace it.

BTW the jeep is a 3.8 not 3.6. Anyone know if an oil pan can be taken off any of the other million Chrysler vehicles out there with a 3.8? Dakotas?? van ect?

OHIORUBICON

I would normally recommend the evo, but seeing how bad your pan is I'd probably go with the rock hard skid.

Just looked into that, I think I'm liking that one better! plus it looks like it would save me the couple bills on replacing my dented pan

SFNick

Just looked into that, I think I'm liking that one better! plus it looks like it would save me the couple bills on replacing my dented pan

I ordered a Rock Hard about 2 weeks ago & was told they are back ordered 3-4 weeks just a friendly FYI.

OHIORUBICON

I ordered a Rock Hard about 2 weeks ago & was told they are back ordered 3-4 weeks just a friendly FYI.

Thanks for the heads up, I'm not in too big of a rush i just got back from long vacation and dirt bike trip out west! So back to work and no fun for awhile:/ We road 8 days straight in Utah and Colorado even spending 2 days at Moab!! place was awesome we dirt biked all of Hells revenge including the hot tubs and metal masher with widow maker! Can't wait to take the jeep out there!

jedg

Yeah, the pickup for the 3.8L is toward the front so you're likely okay. If it were me, I'd have to change it just because.

All that said, I run the Rock Hard skid and it's held up great.

OHIORUBICON

Yeah, the pickup for the 3.8L is toward the front so you're likely okay. If it were me, I'd have to change it just because.

All that said, I run the Rock Hard skid and it's held up great.

Good to here, i think ill order that from northridge in the near future

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
BTW the jeep is a 3.8 not 3.6.

Yeah sorry, I get so use to talking about the 3.6 to friends and on here I forgot about the 3.8. Lol. Also for some reason I couldn't see your pics of your dented up pan while looking on my phone but could see them on the computer.

Another option would be a used one from a junk yard. Hopefully it wouldn't be dented as well.

Good luck.

OHIORUBICON

Yeah sorry, I get so use to talking about the 3.6 to friends and on here I forgot about the 3.8. Lol. Also for some reason I couldn't see your pics of your dented up pan while looking on my phone but could see them on the computer.

Another option would be a used one from a junk yard. Hopefully it wouldn't be dented as well.

Good luck.

I'm going to call daveys jeeps tomorrow and see if he has a used one for a reasonable price

LeighP

I looked at a number of skid systems, wanted to protect the pans for the engine and auto on my MY13. Evo Pro-Tek looked to be the best of the systems, for the stuff that got covered and what you got for your money.
It also came well recommended by many owners.
I ordered the full engine, auto, crossover skid system just the other day.

Top Bottom