Okay, I'm an idiot - What's a C???

jesse3638

Hooked
IMAG1342.jpg

I took pics therefore it did happen. 2000+ mpg average! Stock gears and 35's. I know its not 5.38's and 37's but I bet I'd still get around 2k mpg if I was running that setup..;) See you net Tuesday!

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

dwvninety

This is awesome info for people wanting to or considering making the jump from 35's to 37's.

One good question to ask is, "What is your intention with your rig?"

I am running Toyo Open Country MTR's in 37"x13.5R20 configuration and drive this daily with no issues. After regearing the Jeep with 5:38 Yukon ring & pinion I actually get better gas mileage than stock. These tires are quiet on the road and offer exceptional performance off road as well. Regearing is crucial when upgrading to larger tires otherwise you start causing undue stress and wear on other parts.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Why not run 44's and 6.5 to get 54mpg

Zstairlessone

And there ya go!! The difference is not negligible which is why race tracks across the country have corrected times because they're racing at higher altitudes!! Just because I didn't say, no one bothered to ask if I have any other mods on my JK but that doesn't matter because everyone has written it off as impossible but what do I know cause I'm not an expert. Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

No, they correct for the lost horsepower at altitude. The ratio of oxygen at altitude is the same as sea level, there is just less air per cubic foot. For part throttle driving at altitude you just put your foot farther to the floor for the same acceleration. If you accelerate slower at altitude you aren't comparing apples to apples and any mpg gain means nothing.

Now bring your own oxygen for the engine and cruise the moon - sure the lower resistance from atmospheric drag nets a better mpg, have fun wheeling by yourself up there, just don't forget some air for yourself.

Top Bottom