On owning a jeep - the stuff your parents never told you

That there is "NO Rehab" for JEEP addiction!:naw:

"You can wash the dirt out of the JEEP but you can't keep the JEEP out the dirt!

Remove CB antenna BEFORE entering garages. Note several lines of chipped wood and missing paint on overhead garage door molding as a reminder.

-When you wash your windshield with the wiper fluid, it will be completely clean except for the area were you look through.
-You won't be able to keep it clean for longer than an hour.
-The floor mat in the back is reversible.
-You'll get use to the noise. I promise.
-Every time you add a sticker, a hipster gets punched in the throat.
-You will figure out where that rattling is coming from someday.
-Your wife/girlfriend will only buy "I found these parts on the side of the road." or "I didn't spend THAT much money on it." so many times.

Beyond words.....

To davantalus, the original poster; with that original post you have captured the spirit of what it's like to own almost every model of jeep ever produce. I believe I cried just a little as I read through your list.......it's like finally being understood, I'm not really crazy :happy_crying:

- You'll stay up late to price mods so that the wife/girlfriend doesn't get mad
- You'll then be in trouble as they will think that its a bad sign for your relationship
- You'll then search for a flower website to make a delivery, then you'll be back to pricing mods

Love this thread! Just tried to explain some of the things on here to my fiance to no avail. She just decided it was Jeep stuff and changed the channel on the TV :idontknow:

JDD is a real thing.

X2 on the Jeep pictures in your phone, my wife asked me why I have a photo of my Jeep and the kids in my office but none of her.... Doh!

You'll never have enough money for mods, and you can never build fast enough.

You are NEVER done!

You will meet lifelong friends with this Wayalife. 👍

Last edited:
Your tires are never big enough, stocks tiny! 35's look good till you see 37's, then you want 40's, that means back to square one on the drive terrain. You also start to use words you have no idea how to spell and when auto correct doesn't know it you just misspell it anyway because you know the others like you will understand it:)

If you don't push the limits how do you find them??

If you have a 4 door skip the 35s and go right to the 37s. Skip the bolt on stuff and go right to the weld on stuff. Get the GPS if for no other reason than to have a screen to hook your backup camera to.

This thread is awesome. :beer:
Why can't they come outta the factory with 40's and 60's.
2011 JKU 3.5 R.E. Longarm lift.

Last edited:
Turning on the AC is merely a request. After 3-4 seconds the Jeep will grant this request and air will begin to blow.

-Accept that you will never be able to call in to work again because of flooded roadways or weather aftermath again...

As I did this morningImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1368197400.907519.jpg

Great thread!!

- You'll stay up late to price mods so that the wife/girlfriend doesn't get mad
- You'll then be in trouble as they will think that its a bad sign for your relationship
- You'll then search for a flower website to make a delivery, then you'll be back to pricing mods

Love this thread! Just tried to explain some of the things on here to my fiance to no avail. She just decided it was Jeep stuff and changed the channel on the TV :idontknow:

-i leave the northridge page open with the shopping cart full of parts thousands of dollars worth... then when i buy it piece by piece she dont get mad cuz i could have just clicked check out the first time :yup:

- when you sit in the garage more than in the house just to look at your jeep and when she comes out you start explaining to her what parts you need and why then usually she just goes back inside and i get to spend more time with just the jeep in peace and a few more:beer::beer:

^^^ I don't pull the jeep into the garage until the end of the night so while I am out doing stuff I can still look at it :thumb:

Love this Thread. And to the OP, I laughed so much and cried a little, thinking of all I've done in the past and what awaits me in the future.
THANK YOU.

Boney

Top Bottom