onboard air

bl17z90

I have the ARB twin. It was about the same price as the VIAR. It's tucked up nicely under the passenger seat using a bracket made by Carolina metal masters. I can air up all 4 37s in about 5 mins. It's 100% duty cycle. It works great. It's 6.7 cfm or pretty close.

WAYALIFE APP 🍺

Does it warm your cab up nice or make a ton of noise? I plan on using whatever compresser i get for lockers as well so I'll probably keep mine under the hood.

Sent from my phone?

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Does it warm your cab up nice or make a ton of noise? I plan on using whatever compresser i get for lockers as well so I'll probably keep mine under the hood.

Sent from my phone?

The noise isn't bad, I honestly think it sounds cool. No one in the cab will loose their hearing from it though. Typically everyone is out of the Jeep "shakin a leg" when airing up anyway. I also plan to use this compressor for lockers when the e-lockers peter out. Haven't had any heat issues from it.

I like having it in the cab because it's typically cooler and cleaner. I have enough stuff under the hood. :)

WAYALIFE APP 🍺

bl17z90

The noise isn't bad, I honestly think it sounds cool. No one in the cab will loose their hearing from it though. Typically everyone is out of the Jeep "shakin a leg" when airing up anyway. I also plan to use this compressor for lockers when the e-lockers peter out. Haven't had any heat issues from it.

I like having it in the cab because it's typically cooler and cleaner. I have enough stuff under the hood. :)

WAYALIFE APP 🍺

Have you tried air tools yet? I know most will struggle to keep up without a tank.

Sent from my phone?

Maybe a set up like this would be good, tank can mount wherever but if you don't have the stock exhaust, that can be a good spot
ugy5u5eb.jpg
4ujuzaty.jpg

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Have you tried air tools yet? I know most will struggle to keep up without a tank.

Sent from my phone?

No I haven't tried air tools. According to the ARB website it should run these without an air tank; "Air tools rated up to 85LPM [3CFM] @ 6Bar [90PSI] continuous supply."

Here is a link to the ARB page with all the specs for the ARB Twin compressor.

http://store.arbusa.com/ARB-On-Board-High-Performance-12-Volt-Twin-Air-Compressor-CKMTA12-P21341C9.aspx

I don't think you can go wrong with this compressor whether it's mounted in the engine compartment or inside. Serg5000 has had one mounted in the engine compartment (in one side of a dual battery setup). I believe Robar has his under the passenger seat like mine.

Last edited:
No I haven't tried air tools. According to the ARB website it should run these without an air tank; "Air tools rated up to 85LPM [3CFM] @ 6Bar [90PSI] continuous supply."

Here is a link to the ARB page with all the specs for the ARB Twin compressor.

http://store.arbusa.com/ARB-On-Board-High-Performance-12-Volt-Twin-Air-Compressor-CKMTA12-P21341C9.aspx

I don't think you can go wrong with this compressor whether it's mounted in the engine compartment or inside. Serg5000 has had one mounted in the engine compartment (in one side of a dual battery setup). I believe Robar has his under the passenger seat like mine.

This is the way im gonna go im getting the arb twin and the under seat mount.. do you have an air chuck set up anywhere or do you just hook it up under the seat everytime

SaddleTramp

I was leaning toward the under seat mount for both air lockers and filling the tires until I saw rtguy1's post about a bad locker solenoid that was spitting diff fluid into his engine bay where it was connected to the compressor. Maybe this type of failures is an isolated and not very common occurrence but I'm not sure I want diff fluid joining me in the cab, :idontknow: if I choose the under seat mount setup.

Can the solonoids be kept and located in the engine bay if the compressor is under the seat or are they located and plumbed next to/near the compressor??? Sorry, don't know anything about air lockers yet and how the are setup and plumbed. The diff fluid issue and solenoid failure and leak possibility wasn't something I had taken into consideration until rtguy1's post.

Last edited:

David1tontj

I was leaning toward the under seat mount for both air lockers and filling the tires until I saw rtguy1's post about a bad locker solenoid that was spitting diff fluid into his engine bay where it was connected to the compressor. Maybe this type of failures is an isolated and not very common occurrence but I'm not sure I want diff fluid joining me in the cab, :idontknow: if I choose the under seat mount setup.

Can the solonoids be kept and located in the engine bay if the compressor is under the seat or are they located and plumbed next to/near the compressor??? Sorry, don't know anything about air lockers yet and how the are setup and plumbed. The diff fluid issue and solenoid failure and leak possibility wasn't something I had taken into consideration until rtguy1's post.

You can mount those solenoids anywhere you want! Put them on the roof if you want! I had mine mounted under the hood coming off of a manifold that I got. Basically I would run one line from the under seat compressor to a manifold under the hood where you can split off to whatever you want.

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

Top Bottom