OOPS! Opinions needed.

I think we're all missing the real question here. Why did you give your wife a mallet to use under the jeep?

Let me get this right...all I have to do is give my wife a hammer and set her loose under the jeep? I should have thought of this sooner!

My wife (Alana) is a degreed master mechanic that has taught automotive drive-line classes at several local vocational schools. Trust me this was just an accident.

The housing got cocked a bit coming out and she intended to tap the ring to straighten it up while I was in the catching pose. She lost her footing and missed the mark.

Every bolt that has been turned on both our Jeeps has been done together. I am a very lucky man. :yup::yup: (At least when it comes to her)

hudginsja

My wife (Alana) is a degreed master mechanic that has taught automotive drive-line classes at several local vocational schools. Trust me this was just an accident.

The housing got cocked a bit coming out and she intended to tap the ring to straighten it up while I was in the catching pose. She lost her footing and missed the mark.

Every bolt that has been turned on both our Jeeps has been done together. I am a very lucky man. :yup::yup: (At least when it comes to her)

That is awesome! I have tried to get my wife to help me work on ours, but most of the time she won't...

Hobolobo

Just to clarify, I was just joking around. I think it's great that you and your wife have found something you both love to do together. I envy you. It sucks that this happened, but good luck on the pr60.

Just to clarify, I was just joking around. I think it's great that you and your wife have found something you both love to do together. I envy you. It sucks that this happened, but good luck on the pr60.

LOL, i wasn't offended or bothered, just sticking up for my lady. ;)

Did you just say your wife is the pitcher and you are the catcher? :thinking: :eek:

Hawt! ...

Hahaha, nooooo.....

Sorry, I was just poking a little fun, I also have a wife that gets down and dirty in the shop with me!

It's awesome for the relationship, bad for the wallet. Not just for situations like this, but everyone needs somebody to calm the erections for new parts. We both want them! If anything her a little more.

Lots to work with in those replies Overlander :)

I'm heavily considering replacing the locker with an ARB for now and holding off on the D60.

Its the snowball that is pushing me this way. With a 60 I will need to have my driveshaft remade and if I do it now I will end up with a bolt pattern I don't want long term.

So, for those who have converted a Rubicon to air lockers, what was done to the computer and/or switches?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I'm heavily considering replacing the locker with an ARB for now and holding off on the D60.

Its the snowball that is pushing me this way. With a 60 I will need to have my driveshaft remade and if I do it now I will end up with a bolt pattern I don't want long term.

So, for those who have converted a Rubicon to air lockers, what was done to the computer and/or switches?

You can wire them up to the factory switch although I have no clue how to do it. I believe Eddie had his like this or still has his like this but it was done at ore.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
It shouldn't be much different than using the factory fog switch for aftermarket lights. :thinking:

Yea, I did some investigation on this tonight. I am 90% on this direction. I'll start another thread on the conversion. But it will be a week or so as I'm headed out of town for work :(

I learned that Synegy used to make a plug #4033 to convert the old coil connection to the air bulk head. I think they stopped but some websites seem to have them still (hoping).

Top Bottom