open door no drive

woof359

woking on my Daughter Gladiator to day an went to back up with the door open,. D was flashing and the truck wont move unless I put it back in park and keep the door closed, any way to disable this ......." Engineers, they love to change thing "

Last edited:
Don't have a JT (assuming that's what you meant instead of GT and since it's posted here...) but it's called AutoPark and is a factory setting that throws the Jeep in park if the door is opened, your seatbelt is off, or if it can't detect your weight in the seat.

Perhaps a Tazer can disable this or maybe you can disconnect the door's wiring harness as if you were removing the doors if you feel the need to move with the door open often. This is perhaps why it also has windows and a backup camera... Lol

Andy5160

Hooked
Don't have a JT (assuming that's what you meant instead of GT and since it's posted here...) but it's called AutoPark and is a factory setting that throws the Jeep in park if the door is opened, your seatbelt is off, or if it can't detect your weight in the seat.

Perhaps a Tazer can disable this or maybe you can disconnect the door's wiring harness as if you were removing the doors if you feel the need to move with the door open often. This is perhaps why it also has windows and a backup camera... Lol
^^^^^that

jeeeep

Hooked
the Tazer has the option to disable, as well as buckle the seat belt or get a seat clip from Amazon.
I kept a seat clip in the JLU until the most recent Tazer update which allows auto-park to be disabled.

CalSgt

Hooked
I could have sworn my JL does it even when the seat belt is hooked. It was a PIA trying to tension my winch line when new, I’d pull into neutral jump out and go try to guide the line in with the e brake set a few clicks and it was fully locked up each time.
It disables in 4 low and when the door harness is disconnected

This is an interesting discussion. Recently, a Jeep JL Wrangler was in neutral and rolled over a 150+ cliff at MERUS Adventure Park park here in Texas. The Jeep looked like it had gone through a scrap-yard crusher when it reached the bottom. Luckily, no one was inside.

Given this discussion, it seems that the safety mechanisms should have kicked in and prevented this disaster, unless the door was removed, or the feature was otherwise defeated.

kevman65

Hooked
This is an interesting discussion. Recently, a Jeep JL Wrangler was in neutral and rolled over a 150+ cliff at MERUS Adventure Park park here in Texas. The Jeep looked like it had gone through a scrap-yard crusher when it reached the bottom. Luckily, no one was inside.

Given this discussion, it seems that the safety mechanisms should have kicked in and prevented this disaster, unless the door was removed, or the feature was otherwise defeated.
I don't know if the safeties being discussed would function with the transmission in neutral.

I do know if the transmission is in gear, seat belt not engaged, and the door is opened it will go into auto-park.

jeeeep

Hooked

hmmm left in neutral...sounds like a great insurance claim.

CalSgt

Hooked

The auto park doesn’t do anything in the transfer case, if the TC is bumped into neutral the auto park feature won’t save you.

Also, if TC in 4 low and trans in neutral the auto park is disabled because 4 low

Aceisback

Hooked
What was the persons name that is the reason for this whole discussion? Some actor or something that got out to check his mail and got pinned against the mailbox or something to the effect. It f it would’ve been one of us commoners this wouldn’t even be an issue.😡

kevman65

Hooked
What was the persons name that is the reason for this whole discussion? Some actor or something that got out to check his mail and got pinned against the mailbox or something to the effect. It f it would’ve been one of us commoners this wouldn’t even be an issue.😡
Ace Frehley wasn't it........

Top Bottom