opinion on 315/70R70 with 3.21s

Jk909

I ran 285/75r17 on my auto trans with 3.21 and the thing was a dog. Fifth gear was useless unless I was doing 80 downhill. I did it for about 6 months

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

I think for many different reasons i am going to end up going with the 295/70/17 Coopers for now. Lets me wheel and save some money to keep in the savings for a PR44

im sure there wont be a huge difference between the 315s and 295s but i still think im going to go smaller

Nicalife

I have a Standard 2012 sport 4 door with 3.21. 295.70 R 17. I can't not imagine going any bigger. I enjoy cruising but it is almost impossible to go up a slight hill 4X4. I get around and look cool but really embarrassing at every tragic light or stop sign.
I want to re-gear before I burn out my clutch, but I am saving to get the lockers at the time of regearing.
Good luck!

desertrunner

I have a Standard 2012 sport 4 door with 3.21. 295.70 R 17. I can't not imagine going any bigger. I enjoy cruising but it is almost impossible to go up a slight hill 4X4. I get around and look cool but really embarrassing at every tragic light or stop sign.
I want to re-gear before I burn out my clutch, but I am saving to get the lockers at the time of regearing.
Good luck!

I think that pretty much sums up everything i was worried about with going to the 315s. I do have the 2 dr and no bumpers or winch or anything so i am a bit lighter but at the same time i still want to be able to wheel my rig.

I crunched the numbers for all sorts of combos so many times and there is just no way around it doing a Re gear is expensive i am just going to have to save up get lockers and gears rubi 44 or PR44 all in one shot. The thought of re gearing more than once makes me want to shoot myself.

Lloydsmale

some here must have never drove a 4 cly tj. I would about bet a jk on 37s with 321s would blow a 4 cly tj off the road with factory tires.:beer:

looking into either a set of Coopers and torn between the 295/70R17 or the 315/70R17. They would be going into a 12' Sport 6 speed that only has 3.21s in it. Im not going to have the money to re-gear for a little while and its not going to be my DD but wondering if in the opinion of hopefully someone that has done it if i am going to be pulling my hair out with the lack of power with the 315s and 3.21s

I ran the stock 4.10s on 37" KM2s on my 08 Rubi in Colorado, and yeah i wanted to re gear it but it really wasnt that bad i didnt mind it too much. (the 4:1 Tcase helped though)

Honestly, don't do it until you're ready for a regear. 3.21 and a manual on big tires is a bummer. Clutch wear, basically eliminating the function of the last two gears and lack of smiles per gallon are all reasons to wait.

Top Bottom