Opinions and stats on your preferred lighting kits light bars or old school style

reelsilly

I started out with the KC setup. I changed to a LED setup to lower the height of the Jeep when I decided on running 40's. I had to tilt the KC's back to get in the garage with 37's. Also, if you do five on a light bar, they do cause a lot of wind noise. Here's a couple of pictures with the KC's and the current setup. Good luck with your decision!
View attachment 178939 View attachment 178940 View attachment 178941 View attachment 178942

I normally hate really big tires on jeeps, unless is a super custom rig, but this sir, is sexy!

Johnlmt33

I have KC Apollo spot lights at the window and fog lights at the grill.

Attachments

• 1450792417851.jpg
    1450792417851.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 218

bonedaddy

talk about perfect timing, I was just thinking about starting a thread such as this... keep'em coming...

Donnie

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Opinions and stats on your preferred lighting kits light bars or old school s...

I dont have a good pic, but I run cubes on the pillars which I had floods and will be switching to spots once they show up, and I run a 20" bar between the stinger. I run these with amber covers only which I prefer over white. I also have trucklites which are great, but back roads and snow/fog the amber wins. I went with inspired engineering which I have been happy with due to price. I do have rigid cubes as well which are flood pattern that I run out back for a dust/running/reverse light which are on a switch.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450799963.084461.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450800004.952561.jpg

Last edited:

SJ21XDC

I normally hate really big tires on jeeps, unless is a super custom rig, but this sir, is sexy!

Thank you!

I put 35's on it when I bought it new in 2010 and drove it that way until this time last year. The last year, it has been a project for me and my youngest son. He's learned a lot and we've spent a lot of quality time together!

Solo25

Opinions and stats on your preferred lighting kits light bars or old school s...

I have to say I prefer leds for sure. I have truck lite heads and rigid duallys on my pilar and fogs. I had a 50 in but it was loud as hell and drove me nuts. I have some eBay ones on my rear for reverse and they are still pretty bright. I used to have a 20 inch of eBay for my f250 and it was nice. Any more I would go cheaper rather than spending a crap load for the same thing. A 20 inch for my hood is next.

reelsilly

I get very little actual glare. It does take some getting use to because your hood is somewhat illuminated, but mine cause no glare or issues with seeing at all.

GraniteCrystal

I went with 4 cubes from auxbeam off Amazon. I'll post up details in my build thread with how those treat me if anyone is interested. LED bar on bumper in the future. Thanks for all the input!

swampdog

I dont have a good pic, but I run cubes on the pillars which I had floods and will be switching to spots once they show up, and I run a 20" bar between the stinger. I run these with amber covers only which I prefer over white. I also have trucklites which are great, but back roads and snow/fog the amber wins. I went with inspired engineering which I have been happy with due to price. I do have rigid cubes as well which are flood pattern that I run out back for a dust/running/reverse light which are on a switch.

View attachment 179070

View attachment 179071

In the market for lights in the near future. Why do you prefer the amber over the white? I have never seen a set in amber and am curious what makes them a better option for you. Thanks in advance.

HoneyBadger10

I also went on ebay and Amazon and purchased the less expensive led pods and a light bar for under 100 for the set. Bright as all get out and so far has held up to a 4000 mile drive to Alaska and the cold temperatures. I believe in the future I will go with KC lights or similar style just for a more "classic" jeep style

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
In the market for lights in the near future. Why do you prefer the amber over the white? I have never seen a set in amber and am curious what makes them a better option for you. Thanks in advance.

It's a normal white light bar but he has Amber covers on it. The amber light covers are good for snow and dusty conditions.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I have a set of piaa 520 atp on my bumper. They toss light farther than my brothers bumper mounted led bar. The only other thing I have are trucklites and their high beams match my piaa lights. I'm beginning to see more and more people driving on the street with led bars of all types on and it pisses me off. It's more annoying than hid headlights imo

I'm with you. And it's rarely the guys with just duallys. It's the people with a 50" across the windshield too.

Anyways, this is why I just bought the Rigid SAE dually fog lights. They have a sharp cutoff beam similar to HID projectors so you can run them all the time and not blind people. Once I get them mounted, I'll post up some pictures on my build thread you can check out.

(I also got a great deal on them. The website I used was running 20% off plus free shipping. I noticed today they just fixed that little error or I'd tell you where I got them)

nighowl2000

My setup:

01118e4b0bde7e2968b2c5f296960a89d0046e0e48.jpg

Its a 25" eyourlife amazon special but lights up good as I am at the end of a dark street where people insist on parking on the road which means the dog walkers have to dodge around them.

One thing to note about LED's in cold climates. I've noticed snow build up on the bar when going through bad snow storms. The LED's dont heat up enough to melt the snow like the standard bulbs do.

Last edited:

GraniteCrystal

I went with 4 cubes from auxbeam off Amazon. I'll post up details in my build thread with how those treat me if anyone is interested. LED bar on bumper in the future. Thanks for all the input!

Lights ended up being cheap knockoffs. They said Auxbeam in the title but we're not. Auxbeam has a great video on their site outlining the differences and mine fit the knock off exactly. Returning them and put the money toward a CB setup. Lights will have to wait a while it seems.

RedRum

I used to be a fan of old school like but with my new setups I just thought light bars looked so much cleaner ...

dmpowder

Here is my setup. 2 RC cubes and 20" bar off Amazon. Plenty of light for everything I'll need. I will be moving the 20" onto the bumper when I get a new one. My kids really want me to run a 50", not sure I'm going too.

Attachments

• 1452401060602.jpg
    1452401060602.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 58
Top Bottom