Opinions on lift/suspension kits.

Atch

When it comes to safety for you and others on the road around you, cheap isn't the best answer. I'd highly recommend using a reputable company, not some fly by night eBay company.

JK's JK

Banned
Yeah I started to read the details on the Ebay wheel spacers and they say you cannot use the original lugs which have to purchase another type to work. F that. I however did notice Spidertrax website says they only sell 1.5" spacers but 4 wheel drive parts says there are 1.25 spacers from Spidertrax. Have to figure this one out tomorrow.

StrizzyChris

Yeah I started to read the details on the Ebay wheel spacers and they say you cannot use the original lugs which have to purchase another type to work. F that. I however did notice Spidertrax website says they only sell 1.5" spacers but 4 wheel drive parts says there are 1.25 spacers from Spidertrax. Have to figure this one out tomorrow.

with the 1.25" spacer you will be required to shave down your original wheel studs. at 1.5" it is just barely thick enough to clear the original studs and, IMHO, I would leave them at stock length and go the full 1.5" :twocents:

JK's JK

Banned
with the 1.25" spacer you will be required to shave down your original wheel studs. at 1.5" it is just barely thick enough to clear the original studs and, IMHO, I would leave them at stock length and go the full 1.5" :twocents:

THIS IS GREAT INFORMATION.

This is the first that I have read about having to shave down the factory studs.

Thank you StrizzyChris.

Caboose

I have run 35s on a teraflex leveling kit for about a year and a half. It was perfect while I waited on my bank acct to catch up. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1378375770.275401.jpg
I did cut the fenders similar to WoL, but I think 33 would fit really well with them stock

Spartan

I would go with the Teraflex Budget Boot. If you don't have Rubi shocks I would get new shocks. If you do have Rubi shocks the just get the package with the shock extensions. I ran 35in KM2 with the TF BB with shock extensions, and flat fenders on my 2010 JKUR in Moab and on several other trails with no problem. I also ran this same kit with stock Rubi tires and wheels, and stock fenders in Moab.

Top Bottom