Opinions on non-beadlocks

BlacknRedJK

I have been cruising through northridge and looking at getting some new wheels. I want to go black and may later have some powder coating done to get a red accent to match my build theme.

I have been looking at the following:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1429636111.008157.jpg

Or

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1429636129.644374.jpg

I wish ATX offered more in terms of non-beadlocks...

BlacknRedJK

Honestly didn't think much about it... Was trying to support northridge. Feeling a bit dumb now...

Edit: while I look into that more, any opinions on method?

CRZRTX

I had the first wheel you listed above, the ProComp LaPaz for 3.5 years and 73,000 miles. Went through all kinds of off road trails, scuffed them up, touched them up and they still worked great. I sold them when I went with D60s with a different bolt pattern. Now I have ATX Slabs. Procomp LaPaz is about $170 and ATX Slabs are about $400 each, so IMO you need to decide what your budget is and if you are going to go to D60s (or something with a different bolt pattern) any time soon? Slabs are much stronger, but not many tire shops will mount them or balance them from what I have seen. This was not an issue for me since I mounted mine myself and found a shop to balance them, but you need to consider that aspect IMO in your decision making process.

BlacknRedJK

Awesome. Thank you for the input. D60's and/or a bolt pattern change is not in the near future as I am still a student and have to budget. I will look into the Pro Comps a bit more.

Thank you again for the guidance.

jk12blk

I have been cruising through northridge and looking at getting some new wheels. I want to go black and may later have some powder coating done to get a red accent to match my build theme.

I have been looking at the following:
View attachment 138683

Or

View attachment 138684

I wish ATX offered more in terms of non-beadlocks...

The Methods are slick looking for sure. Another option is the Mickey Thompson classic lock wheel. They sell the fake lock rings in different colors and they are removable if you think you are going to damage them on the trail. I really liked the look and ran them for a while before moving to ATX beadlocks.

Maz

ProComps are not bad. I got the 17x9 7005 but u ll need to have some wheel adapters.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1429842258.531055.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1429842258.531055.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 161
Top Bottom