Options for small Budget Lifts...

MobyJR

Yeah the kit comes with those relocators but I'm wondering about some nice shocks too. But the ride isn't too bad with the stock shocks though huh?

I went with the Pro-Comp 2.5 inch lift from 4 Wheel parts. It was $519 however if you google 4wheelparts coupons there are several codes you can enter. I am happy with the lift. It gave me about 3 inches all the way around and I am running Micky Thompson Baja LTZ 305/65/17 and there. Looks good and rides good. It comes with springs shocks and aft tie rod relocation bracket. I chose this lift because it is what the dealership puts on the JK's they sell and it won't void my warranty and it was She Who Must Be Obeyed (SWMBO) approved.

Happy Trails.

White_JKU

Well I been running a rough country 2.5" budget boost that costed me 99.99. Been rocking that with 35's and wheeling frequently. Had it on for about a year and a half

Upgrading right now though so ill be done with spacers for good

MobyJR

I went with the Pro-Comp 2.5 inch lift from 4 Wheel parts. It was $519 however if you google 4wheelparts coupons there are several codes you can enter. I am happy with the lift. It gave me about 3 inches all the way around and I am running Micky Thompson Baja LTZ 305/65/17 and there. Looks good and rides good. It comes with springs shocks and aft tie rod relocation bracket. I chose this lift because it is what the dealership puts on the JK's they sell and it won't void my warranty and it was She Who Must Be Obeyed (SWMBO) approved.

Happy Trails.

SWMBO hasn't yet approved any mods after those MTR's... I think there is a waiting period...

Guess I am just lucky because SWMBO is the one who suggested we get a JK and put the lift on it. Right now we are looking for bumpers. Looking at the Spyder front and rear with tire carrier.

You could always take interest in her likings. When we got married SWMBO had an 82 CJ-5 which she had since high school. Had to get rid of it because this fat kid could not fit in it. She missed having a Jeep.

ssh6314

My wife sees my jeep as a waste of money and hates it lol

This sounds like mine. If she has her way ide drive an 86 civic and get 35 miles to the gallon and putt around town to work and back. I love her. But she has no appreciation for jeeps or any car for that matter. I've fought tooth and claw for every mod so far. I had to sell my soul to be able to get my enforcer/2.5s and 37s this January. But its worth it.

Sent from my EVO-3d using WAYALIFE app.

MobyJR

Yeah exactly! I just bought the budget boost yesterday and haven't told her. Oh man this reminds me of when I bought my last gun lol. Ok, so I put this SKS on layaway. I tell a friend I'm going to buy it and bring it to his house. I tell SWMBO that the smiths want us over for dinner, then my buddy Randall walks downstairs with the gun and says "look man I got you a present while I was in Indiana!" I thanked him and SWMBO never found out I actually bought it lol.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Nope, coil spacers are coil spacers and if budget is a concern, you might want to give Rough Country a look as I think they may have the cheapest kit out there.

Hey Eddie whats your thoughts on Rough Country lifts? im looking at their 3.25in. Lift Kit now for my 2 door. want to make the move to 35's. Is my Dana 30 easy to regear? whats gears you think i should do?

MobyJR

I just got the 2.5 RC spacer lift in the mail. It looks pretty nice. This'll be the first time ever doing an upgrade of this magnitude by myself. Lol I know it's not much, but I'm young and not exactly a master mechanic. I've got Eddie's write up on the teraflex BB to help out a little, along with the directions in the box. Hopefully ill get it all on this weekend. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1363737585.902164.jpg

Top Bottom