OR-Fab Tire Carrier w/gerry can - Swing Away

Conman

Doesn't that tire carrier have a big T handle that sticks out past the edge of the tire? :thinking:

If so don't forget to figure that into your measurement. :yup:

Yup. In my case with my offset it is even with the edge of the tire. But good observation

Conman

Doesn't that tire carrier have a big T handle that sticks out past the edge of the tire? :thinking:

If so don't forget to figure that into your measurement. :yup:

Yup. In my case with my offset it is even with the edge of the tire. But good observation

dgriz

I wish I understood why the Rotopax version is so much more than the Jerry can version, even though they include the containers. Those containers don't cost THAT much, do they?

marshrat

From what I have seen the rotos are more expensive. Maybe their mounting system has something to do with it.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using WAYALIFE mobile app

donyuma

Tire carrier

Hi Marshrat, I have the same set up with the jerry cans and from the rear window to the t-handle is 25 inches. On the jk forum someone added the rotopax fuel cans using the Razor bracket, I thought about trying this also.

dgriz

The Rotopax version looks like it might not stick out quite so far. If so, I like that better (except for that price!).

donyuma

I liked the idea of being able to stack more than one container on each side, it looks like two rotopax are about the same depth as a jerry can, could carry fuel and water back there or whatever you choose. The rotopax carrier is made for just one set. weight may be an issue though.

Last edited:

NAUJK

The Rotopax one is more expensive because it comes with Rotopax. I got mine today after I ordered it yesterday. Gotta hand it to OR-Fab they really want to protect their stuff foam foam everywhere! tomorrow shall be the install! Cant wait!

NAUJK

Starting the install now. Following their instructions and Franks handy Writeup! Here goes nothin! :wings:

dgriz

Starting the install now. Following their instructions and Franks handy Writeup! Here goes nothin! :wings:

So how about an update? How did the install go? How is the carrier working out for you?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom