Ordering is open!

TrailHunter

Hooked
I hear you. We are selling the Ram 2500 to justify having this. That means I will not be towing Wranglers on a trailer if I need to or hauling around some of the same stuff in the bed I’m currently able to. I’ll figure it out though.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

We built a trailer about 18 years ago and it’s a work horse. It’s 10x5 dual axle and we welded a lumber rack on it so a fork lift can load it up... the rack is tall enough that long items clear the bed of the truck in dips or pulling into driveways... the 2 back bars are removable... and there is a ramp for loading atv’s or motorcycles.

Here it is last week with a 22’ 1000lb steel beam on it.

IMG_0268.jpg

Brute

Hooked
I hear you. We are selling the Ram 2500 to justify having this. That means I will not be towing Wranglers on a trailer if I need to or hauling around some of the same stuff in the bed I’m currently able to. I’ll figure it out though.

I think you could still tow a Wrangler with the Gladiator as long as the trailer is not more than 1500-2000 lbs

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Honestly. It may be too small to justify buying. I still want one but it’s tiny compared to a full size truck and I need to have a full size. I knew this all along but seeing it and letting it sink in bummed me out.

I don’t think there’s any justification for the JT. Other than you want it. That’s enough for me.

WJCO

Meme King
I don’t think there’s any justification for the JT. Other than you want it. That’s enough for me.

No shit. Never once in my life have I been willing to drop 40-50K on a vehicle I haven't even seen or test drove yet. I would imagine you're in the same boat.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
No shit. Never once in my life have I been willing to drop 40-50K on a vehicle I haven't even seen or test drove yet. I would imagine you're in the same boat.

Yup, I’ve only sat in a JL and JT. I did buy my first JK without seeing one in person first. It worked out.

I have second thoughts every day on the truck, but fuck it.

JKbrick

What makes the towing capacity? The frame or the axle? If axle would it raise the towing capacity to put 60s under it? Since everyone is making new versions you could do a dually. Lol

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
What makes the towing capacity? The frame or the axle? If axle would it raise the towing capacity to put 60s under it? Since everyone is making new versions you could do a dually. Lol

Brakes, frame, axles, powertrain, cooling, stability, etc. Even if you put beefier axles in with big brakes you'd be up against the cooling wall. There just isn't much space in front for cooling. I mean could you tow more than rating and be ok, probably if flat. Can you do anything to legally raise the limit, no. Get in a crash overloaded and good luck. Plus the weight of the Gladiator relative to your load would be very sketchy. I tow with my ram often near it's maximum and it does fine but you have to remember you are towing at the limit and pay attention :)

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Exodus 4x4

Brakes, frame, axles, powertrain, cooling, stability, etc. Even if you put beefier axles in with big brakes you'd be up against the cooling wall. There just isn't much space in front for cooling. I mean could you tow more than rating and be ok, probably if flat. Can you do anything to legally raise the limit, no. Get in a crash overloaded and good luck. Plus the weight of the Gladiator relative to your load would be very sketchy. I tow with my ram often near it's maximum and it does fine but you have to remember you are towing at the limit and pay attention :)

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Exactly. This one time, at Marine camp...

We were flat towing a heavy H1 with a lighter H1 out of bad situation in Ramadi Iraq. Tried to turn a corner and the bad situation got much worse due to the weight of the towed H1. Situation was resolved without any real damage but I learned a valuable lesson that day. Don’t fuck with physics.

Top Bottom