Oregon Jeepers here

98XJ06LJ

I'm not in Portland but the wife and I are looking to move into the area some time over the next year. Thinking about Portland or near by, we have family in Boise. How's the wheeling? Any pros/ cons to living in Portland?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using WAYALIFE mobile app

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
I'm not in Portland but the wife and I are looking to move into the area some time over the next year. Thinking about Portland or near by, we have family in Boise. How's the wheeling? Any pros/ cons to living in Portland?

Pros is on hour to the beach and one hour to mt. Hood. Good wheeling you just have to look for it. Cons is the millennial takeover of the city.

Sent from my PH-1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

8COUNT

I’m in, I was just looking for an Oregon thread recently. I’m in Southen Oregon, but a planned trip could get me to drive anywhere within a couple hours. Let’s keep this ball rollin’.

Heck yeah I’m in too! Where abouts do you live? We should plan something out. Have you been to TSF?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Both! Looking for off grid properties.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app
Rural northern Hillsboro is great i.e. north plains or helvetia or even mountaindale. Avoid Forest Grove, Newberg, and McMinnville as it is literally nowhere and economy is poor. Just about everything north Western of Portland and east of the coast range without crossing two far south is ideal, off the grid mostly, cheap land, and is close to anything. I'm in the country but it's hilly so no chance of being developed, and it's only a 10-15 drive to town. Some good off grid east of Portland as well near mount hood but I can't vouch for the stability of living. A couple guys on here live in that eastern area. Pm me if you're serious about moving out here and I can give you some tips!

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Rural northern Hillsboro is great i.e. north plains or helvetia or even mountaindale. Avoid Forest Grove, Newberg, and McMinnville as it is literally nowhere and economy is poor. Just about everything north Western of Portland and east of the coast range without crossing two far south is ideal, off the grid mostly, cheap land, and is close to anything. I'm in the country but it's hilly so no chance of being developed, and it's only a 10-15 drive to town. Some good off grid east of Portland as well near mount hood but I can't vouch for the stability of living. A couple guys on here live in that eastern area. Pm me if you're serious about moving out here and I can give you some tips!

Thanks for the info! We are researching a few states at the moment and really considering Oregon. I will let you know.

98XJ06LJ

I️ was born and raised here, beaverton and Hillsboro are is awesome. Like mentioned 1 hour away from snow or sand. Great places to wheel.

I like how close that area is to TSF. I like being close to public lands. I've lived on the coast and in the mountains but never somewhere that I could have both. Sounds perfect!

ScottMc

BTW this is the owner, (not me) of the shop standing next to my rig yesterday when it got off the lift.

What Shop? Relocated to Portland and looking to do some upgrades on the suspension. If I had my old garage I'd rather do it myself, but now I have a carport and don't fancy rolling around out there. I haven't found any recommended shops to get work done here.

Top Bottom