ORO license plate LED 3rd brake light help

Oscar35

Can anyone with this mod help me out? I read a couple of posts on this exact same set up. However it's not working for me. Here's what I've done
Red ORO =white with brown stripe
Green ORO =white with purple stripe
Black ORO=black
Note: when I turn the Jeep on both ORO and passenger tail light is off. That's with Jeep on with headlights on. I cut the white with brown wire above the wire cover. Then fed it down the rubber grommet. Please help. This seems very simple from the posts but I'm not having any luck. Thx for feedback.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
It sounds right, the white with brownish color in the tailgate goes to red on oro, green oro is triggered by the white w/purple and black is ground.

Did you have a 3rd brake light before this?

Do you have the color diagram from the ORO instructions? (colors / function of the ORO wires)?

Only one wire needs to go into the jeep harness on the passenger side - the other 2 attach to the existing 3rd brake light wiring in the tailgate.

Oscar35

Yes the oem light over the spare. I did and it didn't work. I called ORO, they told me to tap into the passenger tail light.

jango

i forget the color stripe codes. But I remember when I installed mine that the red wire off the ORO is for the illuminator light for the license plate, green is for brake light, and black is ground.

Oscar35

I believe the 2 from the oem third brake light wires were white with orange stripe and the black. What combo did you use?

Oscar35

i forget the color stripe codes. But I remember when I installed mine that the red wire off the ORO is for the illuminator light for the license plate, green is for brake light, and black is ground.

This is different from what I did? I thought the green oro is for the illuminator. And red is for the brake. I'll check fuses then switch the red and green wires.

AlStew

Here's some pictures when I wired mine. I'm a complete noob to any electrical work, but trial and error I finally figured it out.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430194990.832097.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430195009.677772.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430195024.755850.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430195038.829978.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430195052.585785.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430195067.551092.jpg

The brown stripe will look a lot like a purple stripe.

I would maybe get the brake light running first then do the plate light - remember the 3 red LEDs are only brake not running lights

Oscar35

After switching wires around like 4 times and checking for bad fuses. I checked the ORO light itself. It was a bad ORO light. They're sending me a new one. Thx for the help.

Top Bottom