Ouch!!!

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
Got a back injury at work a few weeks ago, and after several trips to the chiropractor, I thought I was healed.. Yesterday I was doing a bunch of welding on a trailer for a friend and all of a sudden, mid weld, my back got the same shooting pain... Nice.. Had the heat pad on it all last night, and this morning felt great..
This morning I ditched church and went Off with my buddy to go tear up some trails on the dirtbikes... Five minutes in I can't hardly sit or stand.... After several mid trail Strectches, still no relief.. Got back to the truck and couldn't hardly stand up..... Tried riding in the cab for about five minutes before we finally decided the best way was for me to lay flat in the back of the pickup.... View attachment 56146
It was the only position that wasn't excruciating... Snapped a pick of the view on the way home. View attachment 56145
Now I lay here in bed with way too much aleve in my system waiting for my wife to get home. Nice... Feel free to shoot some prayers my way!!

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

You're right where The Lord wants you even if sometimes you can't exactly figure out why. Praying for you bro!!!

Wittys-JK

God has purpose in everything that he does so keep the faith he will see you through brother. Prayers your way.

David1tontj

Ok, so I had my consult today and the surgeon told me a bunch of crap I didn't want to hear... Apparently, my back has as much wear and tear as a 50year old! Yikes, I'm only 28! A life of construction (since I was 15), dirt bikes, and adrenaline, has taken its toll... He said I'm gonna need a career change and possibly a lifestyle change :(

Because the numbness in my leg, and the lack of reflex in my ankle/foot he said surgery is required ASAP! The nerve that controls my left calf, foot etc, is being pinched off by the disc material that has escaped the disc... The surgery is to remove that material so the nerve can heal..

They scheduled me for surgery tomorrow morning (yay, no waiting in line!)

I went down and talked to my boss immediately after my consult and, thank God, he is moving me up to project manager so I can stay with the company!!

Through all this I am extremely grateful for my employer, and for my friends and family that have supported me. I feel at peace with everything that is going on and know that God is taking care of me! With my boss already moving me into a new position that will be easier on my body, I am already starting to see what God has planned for me.

Thank you for keeping me in your prayers!!

Glad to hear about the promotion. God has a plan for all of us and sometimes He needs to get our attention in a little different way. What time is surgery?

R/
Will

David1tontj

Glad to hear about the promotion. God has a plan for all of us and sometimes He needs to get our attention in a little different way. What time is surgery?

R/
Will

I get there at 830, The cutting happens at 10:20

David1tontj

R/
Will

My wife has been telling me for a while that I need to start thinking about preserving my body.... Guess The Lord agrees! Wish I figured it out before the injury, but I am excited for what he has in store for me!

My wife has been telling me for a while that I need to start thinking about preserving my body.... Guess The Lord agrees! Wish I figured it out before the injury, but I am excited for what he has in store for me!

Well after 25 years of steel decks and concrete flight lines it is time for me to do the same. Going to and be a teacher.

R/
Will

Sent from my fRuit product using WAL

TrailBear

Good luck with the surgery hopefully all goes well and they get you fixed up. Dirt bikes are evil things that are way to much fun, I had to give them up years ago , but got before I screwed my back and both knees. Jeeps are a much gentler way to relax and blow of steam. Again good luck .

David1tontj

Thank you all for your prayers! Surgery went well today. I'm super sleepy from all the medicine, but am alive and well!

Now be prepared for me to comment on just about everything in the next few weeks since I'll be at home with nothing to do!

Thank you all for your prayers! Surgery went well today. I'm super sleepy from all the medicine, but am alive and well!

Now be prepared for me to comment on just about everything in the next few weeks since I'll be at home with nothing to do!

David glad the surgery went well. Take it easy.

R/
Will

Sent from my fRuit product using WAL

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
Relieved that everything went well today. Wish Hayley could get time off work so we could come visit :( hopefully those lights get to you soon, it will
Give you something to do while your down

Top Bottom