Overheating 3.8

Drdiesel1

It's aftermarket I think, direct fit. Checked it last night and it's strong. Blowing hard enough to go through radiator,condenser, and tranny cooler I put in front of it. Don't know if that means anything

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

It's hard to say, but most aftermarket cooling fans don't have the capabilities of the OE units. I'm not sure how
they would measure it, but CFM comes to mind. Did you experience this problem before replacing the fan ?
Is this why you replaced it ? My best guess would be an insufficient airflow issue if nothing can be found with the head gasket.
The fan can't keep up with demand when going uphill. It's like a weak fuel pump. It's starves the engine under heavy load conditions.

atrollip

Hi i might of missed ur response but did you check your fan clutch like WJCO mentioned this tends to give overheating issues on mtn climbs and rpms?

Sent from my SM-N920C using WAYALIFE mobile app

Lmoye22

It's hard to say, but most aftermarket cooling fans don't have the capabilities of the OE units. I'm not sure how
they would measure it, but CFM comes to mind. Did you experience this problem before replacing the fan ?
Is this why you replaced it ? My best guess would be an insufficient airflow issue if nothing can be found with the head gasket.
The fan can't keep up with demand when going uphill. It's like a weak fuel pump. It's starves the engine under heavy load conditions.

I'll have to check my shrouds on the fan, in thinking I didn't put those back on right. I did buy an extra fan to add to the tranny cooler for extra cooling just for the hell of it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom