Overlanding Gear

Oreo_penguin536

SDG, Thats an awesome Jerry can!

I did onboard water a few weeks ago. With onboard water and power to boot, Im glad I built everything hidden. The cargo bay is completely clear for actual cargo.

Compressed air chuck and a garden hose connection both front and rear.
View attachment 269585

Used the stock bumper for the tank. Its temporary, but will do good for now.
View attachment 269586

Do you have a build thread? That looks rad! Defiantly looking to do on board air on mine. I gotta ask why water though?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

black pearl

Hooked

I have basically the same things in my rig. I got a few 3 day supply survival boxes (food and water). A whistle with compass and signal mirror. The emergency compact sleeping bag looks awesome. I have three fleece blankets.

Brute

Hooked

I have a similar emergency bivy (if not that same one) from SOL...check out their site, they have an incredible emergency kit that fits into your pocket with fire starter, signal mirror, whistle etc....I keep them in a small waist pack with some other items...I'll post a pic later

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I have a similar emergency bivy (if not that same one) from SOL...check out their site, they have an incredible emergency kit that fits into your pocket with fire starter, signal mirror, whistle etc....I keep them in a small waist pack with some other items...I'll post a pic later

Waist pack like this?

IMG_4691.JPG

WJCO

Meme King
I have that same SOL bivy, haven't used it yet fortunately but it comes with me on every hike.

Wife got me a couple items for my kit for Christmas.

Snow Peak percolator
IMG_1890.JPG

Quikfire propane campfire. Looking forward to using this. Great for when there is a fire ban, which happens a lot here in AZ.
IMG_1891.JPG

WJCO

Meme King
Just installed the ARB 2500 Awning. Pretty impressive IMO. I set this up and took it down on a windy day.

IMG_20180128_145420_691.jpg

IMG_20180128_145520_297.jpg

IMG_20180128_145604_814.jpg

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
Looks good Doug! That would be great for baseball season. Now I just need to figure out how to mount it without a rack.

Brute

Hooked
Just installed the ARB 2500 Awning. Pretty impressive IMO. I set this up and took it down on a windy day.

View attachment 291177

View attachment 291178

View attachment 291179

I have the exact same awning on my Anvil JKU...it's great. The short leg trick in your last photo is the way to go in a downpour...

I carry two 6 lb soft diving weights in the jeep for the guy lines to the poles...they allow you to set up the awning on a slab of granite or in the sand where the stakes won't hold well or even go in, and do pretty well in a wind. They are designed for soft neoprene dive belts and are filled with lead shot...easy to wrap the guy lines around, and if you drop it on your foot, you won't even notice.

You will eventually want to get a couple of the accessories like the bug screen room (I used this while camping on Gallagher Head Lake where the flies and mosquitoes were pretty thick) and one or two of the side extensions which increase your coverage or you can angle them towards the ground for a wind break...

Looks good man...

WJCO

Meme King
Now that I got my awning, I was looking around at other roof rack features and came across this guy. Not sure if I'd ever get one due to the price and I probably wouldn't use it as we don't stay out that long, but a cool idea of a product nonetheless. A solar shower that fits on the roofrack:

Brute

Hooked
Now that I got my awning, I was looking around at other roof rack features and came across this guy. Not sure if I'd ever get one due to the price and I probably wouldn't use it as we don't stay out that long, but a cool idea of a product nonetheless. A solar shower that fits on the roofrack:

I've seen them at a shop in Issaquah...back in the day we used to put one or two 1 gallon jugs on the roof so when you came back from surfing or spearfishing you could rinse off before getting into the truck...times are a changin'...

Top Bottom