Overpriced Mods

Atch

That's what I want to get also the dtd long arm with the Evo lever but I want to do it in steps not all at once sounds expensive anybody know how much out the door and is Evo open on Saturdays it's hard for me to make it down there during the week I want to get the Evo rock sliders and the front bumper with the stinger just like the one Eddie has on his dozer jeep

The bumper on front of eddies rubicat is a hybrid bumper, doesn't have a stinger. Moby his white jeep has a stinger.

rubicrawl

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1361671513.018631.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1361671526.133973.jpg it does have one it didn't have one before he said its a new stinger that Evo sells the stinger is not that high it's almost even with the hood I took a side pic of it

StrizzyChris

Oh my bad...last pics I had seen it didn't have the EVO stinger on

I think he had the small bull bar initially. Purejeep brand if I'm not mistaken

When I say wild Im referring to the flex you get with the long arm, I have no use for that.... Yet!

It's a common misconception that a long arm system will give you more flex. The amount of flex allowed is limited only my your shock length, limiting straps, or the range of motion allowed by the joint chosen at BOTH ends of the control arm and not the length of the arm itself.

The biggest and main reason a LA kit is chosen is for stability, agility, and ride comfort while ON road and at higher speeds.

Sent from a migrant connectivity device

rubicrawl

Oh my bad...last pics I had seen it didn't have the EVO stinger on

No worries I just met Eddie and I saw his jeep on thurs for the first time and looked bad ass and all the other jeeps there too so I really like the Evo stuff now that I saw it in person

PurpleHayes519

It's all about supply and demand. As demand for any good increases, the result is an increase in price AND quantity. And here I am sitting I'm enrolled in economics courses for nothing.

Philip *AZ*

Banned
Sure there is supply and demand, but with such a vast market and vast amount of vendors, prices on certain things just make no sense. Company A offers aluminum fenders for $650. Great price! Wait, thats only for the front. Its another $5-600 to get the rears. Company B could offer the same product at a lower price and sell more just because of their lower price, this ends up being more profit for company B.. No? Im just sayin things could be much more affordable. Im fortunate because I know where to get aluminum and have a friend that can build my fenders for me for about $300 plus a case of beer. Win Win!
This forum does not allow vendors so I dont like to put company names on here, out of respect of the WAL community, but there are companies that are going the route that Im trying to get across.

Paratroopers stay up longer!

Tackerdown

Banned
I'm sure you know this already but thought I'd throw it out there. I'm in a different field but , say I have 6 guys working for me. I figure I need to make x amount on each guy. I've weeded out the slackers and such so the guys I want to keep get payed well. Now I need to keep the crew of good guys. first I'm already paying out the ass for insurance for them plus 3 to 5% for retirement plus vehicle expense witch would probable be there equipment expense and all the other expenses. now in my case I didn't have office personnel shipping and receiving personnel. ect. I'm sure a cnc machine cost at least as much probably more than a service van completely equipped.I'm just trying to give a perspective of say your friend making a 300$ fender verses 500$ .
I hope this doesn't come across wrong just a perspective. Although I'm sure the do pretty well.I get what your saying though make more at a lower price sell more. that would be nice to have a competitive market to drive the price down.

ssh6314

Well it's all subjective. I thought it was pretty bad ass. Rig was on 37 nitto trails and 4 inch lift. Hitting decent whoops at 60-65 and I was in the back seat with two others up front. 😁

Most will say coilovers are still better but also another grand and a half more, or so. And you can even go beyond that.

But we were discussing affordable quality, by way of modest build budgets.

For the price and ride, I'd seriously consider Enforcer. It was MTGs rig an he's done JKX with it.

I'm getting ready to put this kit on my 2door. 4 inch, 2.5 kings/w res. Drag flip. The works. Can't wait.

Sent from my EVO-3d using WAYALIFE app.

Philip *AZ*

Banned
Yeah, I wasnt looking at in the big picture of a "business." You do make a very valid point Tacker.

Last edited:

Tackerdown

Banned
I know I wish we could get these mods cheaper. If they were cheaper we could build up faster break it faster and do it again faster. they would have a win win situation.

PurpleHayes519

Sure there is supply and demand, but with such a vast market and vast amount of vendors, prices on certain things just make no sense. Company A offers aluminum fenders for $650. Great price! Wait, thats only for the front. Its another $5-600 to get the rears. Company B could offer the same product at a lower price and sell more just because of their lower price, this ends up being more profit for company B.. No? Im just sayin things could be much more affordable. Im fortunate because I know where to get aluminum and have a friend that can build my fenders for me for about $300 plus a case of beer. Win Win!
This forum does not allow vendors so I dont like to put company names on here, out of respect of the WAL community, but there are companies that are going the route that Im trying to get across.

Yes, but as with everything half of what you're paying for is the name. Is a MacBook really worth the $1,000 that you're going to spend over the $500 Windows based computer that will do the exact same thing? That's all personal opinion. Same goes for any market. Say a Rough Country suspension lift costs $2,000. Joe Schmoe suspension, which is the exact same product may only cost $800 (hypothetically speaking of course, these are made up numbers. Not trying to promote one brand over another here). But after gaining a customer base of people who swear by your product are willing to pay the premium price for your product. Although I must say I do agree with you in wishing/thinking aftermarket products could be a lot cheaper than they are.

Adam

Top Bottom