P0740

JK4doorJunkie

2011 Jeep Wrangler TCC Circuit Malfunction

Hey guys and gals! New to the forum here but not new to Jeeps. I have a quick question on a current issue that I am having. About 3 months ago I threw a PO740 code (TCC circuit Malfunction). I cleared the code just to see if it would come back on and it didn't until recently (a few days ago). I haven't noticed any difference in driving. I have done some basic research on the issue and really cant come to a specific conclusion other than replacing the solenoid possibly even starting with a transmission filter and fluid flush. Has anyone here dealt with this situation and what did you do if any to resolve it. Dropping the 42RLE transmission pan and changing the filter seems pretty straight forward but i'm not sure about removing the valve body to get to the solenoid packs.

WJCO

Meme King
Hey guys and gals! New to the forum here but not new to Jeeps. I have a quick question on a current issue that I am having. About 3 months ago I threw a PO740 code (TCC circuit Malfunction). I cleared the code just to see if it would come back on and it didn't until recently (a few days ago). I haven't noticed any difference in driving. I have done some basic research on the issue and really cant come to a specific conclusion other than replacing the solenoid possibly even starting with a transmission filter and fluid flush. Has anyone here dealt with this situation and what did you do if any to resolve it. Dropping the 42RLE transmission pan and changing the filter seems pretty straight forward but i'm not sure about removing the valve body to get to the solenoid packs.

Merged here. Also check with your dealer, as there may be an applicable TSB: https://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-tsb-...740-or-p1798-and-automatic-transmission-shift

Top Bottom