Passenger side door handle not working.

Suspect

My passenger side door handle quit working a few weeks ago. It works from inside the Jeep and the power lock still works just fine. The problem is from the outside. The button just compresses all the way and doesn’t do anything, exactly how it behaves when you press the button when the door is locked.

If anyone has any knowledge/experience with this issue I’d really appreciate your help. Thanks in advance!

jesse3638

Hooked
My passenger side door handle quit working a few weeks ago. It works from inside the Jeep and the power lock still works just fine. The problem is from the outside. The button just compresses all the way and doesn’t do anything, exactly how it behaves when you press the button when the door is locked.

If anyone has any knowledge/experience with this issue I’d really appreciate your help. Thanks in advance!
Not sure how the jeep mechanism works but in my past experience when door handles quit working it tends to be one of two things. First the mechanism inside the door may be dirty and gummed up causing sticking. Simply clean it and lubricate it with a white lithium spray grease. The second cause may be a broken part. There are a lot of plastic parts which can break or wear out over time. If this is the case they would need to be repaired or replaced.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

There is linkage leading from the handle to the latch itself. You're going to need to remove the door panel and visually inspect the linkage.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Suspect

Not sure how the jeep mechanism works but in my past experience when door handles quit working it tends to be one of two things. First the mechanism inside the door may be dirty and gummed up causing sticking. Simply clean it and lubricate it with a white lithium spray grease. The second cause may be a broken part. There are a lot of plastic parts which can break or wear out over time. If this is the case they would need to be repaired or replaced.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

There is linkage leading from the handle to the latch itself. You're going to need to remove the door panel and visually inspect the linkage.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I’ll check it out this week and see what’s up with it. If I figure it out I’ll post it back on here in case someone in the future has the same issue. Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom