Pentastar fan control

metalic

I’m running a GEN 3 6.0 in a JK buggy and using terminator to control it. I’m trying to figure out how to go to a pentastar fan since Holly has the capability of PWM- and I can build my own table, however, not for sure the Hertz and what kind of controller I can use to do it. Anyone done anything like this?

LS JK

I’m running a GEN 3 6.0 in a JK buggy and using terminator to control it. I’m trying to figure out how to go to a pentastar fan since Holly has the capability of PWM- and I can build my own table, however, not for sure the Hertz and what kind of controller I can use to do it. Anyone done anything like this?
The JK pentastar fan programming is backwards. Its a 10 Hertz, and the tables are opposite of what you think. For example, lets say your looking at the coolant tables and the lowest temp it shows is 196° the fan would be running at 90%, 200° fan would be 85% etc. The higher you put the number the SLOWER the pentastar fan runs. Its totally backwards 😂. Most fans are 100Hz and the numbers would start lower and go up like they should. I would get a JL fan or a Camaro SS fan.

metalic

The JK pentastar fan programming is backwards. Its a 10 Hertz, and the tables are opposite of what you think. For example, lets say your looking at the coolant tables and the lowest temp it shows is 196° the fan would be running at 90%, 200° fan would be 85% etc. The higher you put the number the SLOWER the pentastar fan runs. Its totally backwards 😂. Most fans are 100Hz and the numbers would start lower and go up like they should. I would get a JL fan or a Camaro SS fan.
I already have the Pentastar fan. Is it PWM- or PWM+?
If it's PWM- i assume I can set my Holley to 10 hertz and 10% would spin it 90% if I'm understanding correct?
If it's PWM+ then I need some sort of controller as Terminator won't PWM+ like the dominator?

metalic

I already have the Pentastar fan. Is it PWM- or PWM+?
If it's PWM- i assume I can set my Holley to 10 hertz and 10% would spin it 90% if I'm understanding correct?
If it's PWM+ then I need some sort of controller as Terminator won't PWM+ like the dominator?
Nevermind.
I have it working on terminator without controller just 100% is off and vice versa

Top Bottom