Photobucket..... WHY?

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
100%. Every time I just X out before the photo even loads and move on.

As said the second photobucket pic worked fine. As did the flickr.

Figured. It's the code. If you post the photobucket forum code, it acts up on WOL, but if you post direct code using the WOL IMG tags, then it works fine. Good to know and problem solved...so photobucket is fine, just don't use the forum code from them. :thumb:

Glad we got to the bottom of it.

TheStick

Figured. It's the code. If you post the photobucket forum code, it acts up on WOL, but if you post direct code using the WOL IMG tags, then it works fine. Good to know and problem solved...so photobucket is fine, just don't use the forum code from them. :thumb:

Maybe we can get a sticky so more people know *hint* :D

BigBoy

So it's user error not actually photobucket. Hopefully those users will adopt better habits that will please the rest of us. :)

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
So it's user error not actually photobucket. Hopefully those users will adopt better habits that will please the rest of us. :)

Technically, it isn't. It's photobucket being slick with adding extra code to the IMG tags to turn every image back to themselves, probably adding serious google rankings not to mention, every photo posted on a forum basically makes it free advertising for them. The didn't do this back in the day, and I guess they snuck that in without anyone noticing.

Panda

X2!!! Even when I really want to see the pictures, I don't even bother! I just X out the window and go back to WAL before it even loads.

Stupid photo bucket!! I hate it!!

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

^^^^this^^^ :yup: f u photobucket!

Panda

Alright being that I use my mobile device to access Wayalife 90% of the time (and yes I am an Apple product user) I clicked my last photo redirecting me to the Photobucket site!

Please Photobucket users explain to me why Photobucket is so convenient to use versus hosting your photos here on this wonderful site? For those who don't know if you click on a photo while using a mobile version of Wayalife you are redirected (outside of the app to a browser) when you use Photobucket. Yes I am aware non Apple device users may not have this issue.

Alright folks, sorry it had to be said.

Amen brother!

Panda

And furthermore android is so lame you need a separate app to put pics on wayalife??? :bleh:
End of rant

JAGS

Hooked
Great thread 10frank9. Im with you and hate the load times on the redirect. I just click out.

Photobucket users. Big brother is viewing your "private" photos you post on the web. So be careful what you choose to host on a "free" site.

Maybe you only post fun picks, so no biggy, but I'd never put all my pics anywhere but my computer/phone. And even that is suspect.

- Jason

Armydog

according to the national news (CBS) this morning, hackers can now get access to your computer's camera and watch you do what ever you are doing without permission........

Brankz?

STOP IT!

yet another good use for a piece of duct tape!!

StrizzyChris

Had an android for 4+yrs. just got an iPhone several months ago. I was "that guy" never gonna switch, now it's like, man...I can't believe how superior the iPhone is...just sayin

No argument that the iPhone is the best PHONE on the market...its the company, it business practices and OS that I hate! BUT they have a fallowing that's willing to pay whatever they ask for upgrades, access to their market, apps, etc and they are making a fortune so why would they change to an open platform?

Because I don't like it when my phone crashes every six months :bleh: keep ur android & all it's problems!

3 years and counting on this phone...I think about 3 on my old phone and upgraded only to get a new one before my Unlimited data usage was canceled with a phone upgrade

And furthermore android is so lame you need a separate app to put pics on wayalife??? :bleh:
End of rant

Its not the app that's the problem....its actually great because every pic, even photo bucket displays perfectly in line on it. When I did the write ups on my computer, the pictures were too large(high resolution) to host on WAL and I had to either take a day to go through all the pics and resize every one OR post up on photobucket and insert them on the writeup. I post 99% of my pics with the app from my phone.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
The only Iphone that I've ever paid for was my first. I've sold them all for more/equal to what I bought them for and bought the next gen. Love mine and won't switch unless someone comes out with something that is as good in quality, and OS.

StrizzyChris

The only Iphone that I've ever paid for was my first. I've sold them all for more/equal to what I bought them for and bought the next gen. Love mine and won't switch unless someone comes out with something that is as good in quality, and OS.

My lady has done the same with her galaxys and actually made money...im a privacy freak and never sell my old shit

JKbrick

Thank goodness I don't use photobucket because I have no clue what you just said here

Top Bottom