Pic Request - Leveling kit, trimmed fenders and 35s

GearHead71

Ill tell you ad i told USMC when he did his, i used hockey pucks and liquid nails. Add one puck all the way around, flex out and find problem areas. Add a puck where its needed. Test again. The hockey puck idea was the greatest idea ive thought of. Im glad everyone is using this [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

It is a great idea! I was having a hard time finding smaller bump stop extensions (not that I have looked too hard yet.) It's the simple and CHEAP ideas that are always the best! I'm thinking about not adding anything at first, flexing it, and seeing where it rubs like others have mentioned. Since I can use liquid nails or something similar I think I could install the front hockey pucks without removing the springs (unless you need to clamp the puck while it cures).

Keep the pics coming!

catahoula

Caught the Bug
It is a great idea! I was having a hard time finding smaller bump stop extensions (not that I have looked too hard yet.) It's the simple and CHEAP ideas that are always the best! I'm thinking about not adding anything at first, flexing it, and seeing where it rubs like others have mentioned. Since I can use liquid nails or something similar I think I could install the front hockey pucks without removing the springs (unless you need to clamp the puck while it cures).

Keep the pics coming!
That is an awesome idea. I have seen it used for years.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

USMC Wrangler

I did pull my front springs and used some self tapping hex head bolts on those. For the rear, I used a liquid nails type adhesive to avoid accidentally drilling into the axle tube. I did not have to clamp them in the rear and they have been solid on/off road.

Flex it out and check for rubbing first, like others have suggested. [emoji106]

Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Dopey84

IMG_0165.jpg IMG_0507.JPG
IMG_0248.jpg
Evo leveling kit, cut fenders, 35s and spidertax 1.5 wheel spacers

Before disconnecting IMG_0742.jpg
More recent pic with front disconnected same setup IMG_0747.jpg
No issues with rubbing on all for corners and shocks aren't fully compressed

Last edited:

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
This is my old 4 door before i got a chance to cut my fenders. Be careful if you run this setup on a 4 door, you must trim flares and either cut your factory bumper, or buy a stubby. Other things you must cut is stock rubi rails if you have them. I cut about 2" off the rear of mine.

IMG_1484486492.484905.jpg

IMG_1484486511.223531.jpg

IMG_1484486523.642191.jpg

IMG_1484486550.061992.jpg

This is with no bumpstops, unfortuantely that jeep got traded in, but i would of added a puck or two all the way around.

Clutch

Caught the Bug

atrollip

EVO Levelling kit
Spydertrax spacers
315/70/17 Cooper ST Maxx
ATX Ravine wheels
Chopped fenders, chopped stock bumper
Have no rubbing issues but would still like to add some hockey pucks, don't want to over compress coils over time.

Sent from my SM-N920C using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1475609573819.jpg
    FB_IMG_1475609573819.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 453
  • FB_IMG_1474830028008.jpg
    FB_IMG_1474830028008.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 420
  • FB_IMG_1466350591419.jpg
    FB_IMG_1466350591419.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 454

GearHead71

So I'm putting a leveling kit on Friday and I'll be trimming the fenders in the next couple weeks. The 35s will be going on this spring.

I've gone back and fourth on whether I should add 1 inch pucks to each corner while I install the leveling kit or wait until I get the fenders trimmed and 35s on it to see if it rubs. Is anyone running a 1.5 inch leveling kit, flat fenders, and 35s with NO rub? I know it's hard to get a solid answer, but if the majority of people rub with this set up then I'd rather do the pucks now instead of having to remove the springs a second time down the road.

Any help is appreciated!

Napalm

So I'm putting a leveling kit on Friday and I'll be trimming the fenders in the next couple weeks. The 35s will be going on this spring.

I've gone back and fourth on whether I should add 1 inch pucks to each corner while I install the leveling kit or wait until I get the fenders trimmed and 35s on it to see if it rubs. Is anyone running a 1.5 inch leveling kit, flat fenders, and 35s with NO rub? I know it's hard to get a solid answer, but if the majority of people rub with this set up then I'd rather do the pucks now instead of having to remove the springs a second time down the road.

Any help is appreciated!

I've done it twice now. Once with full fenders, once without. You don't need the 1 inch pucks.

Here is a EVO 2inch(1.5inch with bumper) leveling kit with 35s and full fenders. No rub on road, but I didn't get to test it out off road.
IMG_1315.jpg

And here is an EVO Leveling kit again with flat fenders. I had a 3/4 inch spacer in the front on top of the level, but nothing in the rear other than what included with the Leveling kit. This setup did not rub off road and actually performed well paired with the Rubi shocks I had.
IMG_1669.JPG

GearHead71

I've done it twice now. Once with full fenders, once without. You don't need the 1 inch pucks.

Here is a EVO 2inch(1.5inch with bumper) leveling kit with 35s and full fenders. No rub on road, but I didn't get to test it out off road.
View attachment 243061

And here is an EVO Leveling kit again with flat fenders. I had a 3/4 inch spacer in the front on top of the level, but nothing in the rear other than what included with the Leveling kit. This setup did not rub off road and actually performed well paired with the Rubi shocks I had.
View attachment 243062

Thanks, that helps a lot knowing you didn't rub off-road. I have the Rubicon shocks and 16/59 springs, not sure if that'll help.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Napalm

Thanks, that helps a lot knowing you didn't rub off-road. I have the Rubicon shocks and 16/59 springs, not sure if that'll help.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Yeah, it all depends on what kit you go with and if it reuses factory springs or has its own.

And I'm a mild wheeler so if your looking for some more intense rock crawling you might start to see some rubbing.

GearHead71

Yeah, it all depends on what kit you go with and if it reuses factory springs or has its own.

And I'm a mild wheeler so if your looking for some more intense rock crawling you might start to see some rubbing.

I'm getting the TF 1.5 inch leveling kit with pucks. It re-uses your shocks and springs which is why I got it. I didn't want to replace any suspension components until mine wear out and then I will be putting a 2.5 inch lift on it.

We only take it off-road 5 or 6 times a year. I'm planning a trip to Ouray/Telluride this year as well as a trip to Crested Butte but the trails we will hit are all 4s and 5s, maybe a 6 here and there. Nothing too crazy since it's my daily driver and I need to be able to drive it home from the trails :)

dirtywilks

Question

I love the pics! Your jeeps look amazing! Quick question. I'm looking at getting the evo leveling kit and putting on 35x12.5r17 on my jeep. If I run a tire that big will it rub on the front bumper? Need I cut it to a stubby? Seems like everyone has cut theirs to a stubby in this thread. If so, I'm guessing it wouldn't fit with a warn elite front bumper? (I just say that because I got a sweet deal on one and was going to put it on. Really hoping to run 35" tires vs a 285.

Thanks ahead guys

adamsnewone

When I put the leveling kit on my 4 door with 35x12.50's, I didn't hit the front bumper. Only thing I rubbed on was the factory plastic "skid" they put under the bumper. Now take your favorite cutting device and take a notch out of it and your good to go! And you will possibly run your fenders, but mine are cut so I didn't have that issue. IMG_4833.JPG

Top Bottom