Pinecrest Lake Camping Trip May 16-18

SierraSilver

Given the warm weather we have been having, my family and I decided to book the last remaining weekend available for camping reservations at Pinecrest Lake up Hwy 108 near the Sonora Pass east of Sonora for May 16-18. There is a chance that much of the snow may be melted higher up, with some wheeling opportunities. I am assuming that the Niagara Rim trail is still open, and am planning to run this trail on Saturday the 17th. If anybody is interested in joining us, get a camp spot while you can as they are filling up fast. Now I know the Pinecrest lake campground is no way a primitive campground, but it should offer outstanding weather, and beautiful lake views and hiking trails this time of year. Pinecrest is close to a few good off road trails, meadows, and wildflowers and the campground still offers a nice weekend of relaxation and fun.

pinecrest run

Given the warm weather we have been having, my family and I decided to book the last remaining weekend available for camping reservations at Pinecrest Lake up Hwy 108 near the Sonora Pass east of Sonora for May 16-18. There is a chance that much of the snow may be melted higher up, with some wheeling opportunities. I am assuming that the Niagara Rim trail is still open, and am planning to run this trail on Saturday the 17th. If anybody is interested in joining us, get a camp spot while you can as they are filling up fast. Now I know the Pinecrest lake campground is no way a primitive campground, but it should offer outstanding weather, and beautiful lake views and hiking trails this time of year. Pinecrest is close to a few good off road trails, meadows, and wildflowers and the campground still offers a nice weekend of relaxation and fun.

I might be able to make it. Not sure on the dates yet. But if I miss it a could do it at a later date. I'm just getting started. Are there some easy to moderate to easier difficult trails? Or are you more into the difficult trails?

SierraSilver

As we get closer to May, I'll check what the conditions are like and what trails may be a good starter for you. I'm not a novice, but I'm not a pro either. It would be nice if a few other members could join us for the niagara trail. Eddie has a YouTube video from back in 08 of that trail, and some on that trip were not experienced, so it might be a good trail to start on. I plan to do Slick Rock over in Calaveras County soon too.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeep trip

As we get closer to May, I'll check what the conditions are like and what trails may be a good starter for you. I'm not a novice, but I'm not a pro either. It would be nice if a few other members could join us for the niagara trail. Eddie has a YouTube video from back in 08 of that trail, and some on that trip were not experienced, so it might be a good trail to start on. I plan to do Slick Rock over in Calaveras County soon too.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I would also like to do some trails around bear valley. My jeep book rates slick Rock as difficult because of a few rough sections. I don't know if I could handle that this year but I have done some short trails the next level down.

Top Bottom