Please Jeep 0%!!

JTLen

Prices dropping quickly. I've seen a lot of sport models (HT + auto) under $35,000. I wonder if they'll get lower?

I bet there is going to be another “cash for clunkers” program coming up soon. Now might be a good time to buy a $1000 beater to have for when it comes.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Not a chance. That was such a huge failure. Tax credit for something more efficient maybe. But never clunkers again.

littlebeas

Not a chance. That was such a huge failure. Tax credit for something more efficient maybe. But never clunkers again.

Well the large automobile manufacturers are already mobilizing their lobbying machine to get a stimulus going, so something will be coming. And huge failure is somewhat relative since at the time Bush and Obama era government was handing out money like no one had to eventually pay that back (remember the outrage at the big banks getting all that backstop money and paying out those exorbitant bonuses). It was an inefficient model, but it did get people into showrooms. I highly doubt the current administration will have the future stimulus tied to any efficiency standards, which was a hurdle in the C.A.R.S. program. So far the playbook is being repeated from the last couple of economic issues. I got check for $700 as an economic stimulus under Bush, it’s $1200 now though won’t get shit this time since I guess I moved up in the world [emoji19]. I believe this thing will get worse before it gets better. So... sorry long winded way of saying I would hold off, as incentives will probably get better though credit might get tighter.

Top Bottom