Poison Spyder Body Mount Tire Carrier

n3tfury

Thank you for the comparison. The real question is, my next tires will be 37s but how goofy would the genright look on the back of my jeep with a 35 inch tire in it?

Who cares about that? Get what you want now instead of wasting money later.

I to have been looking at the Poison Spyder carrier, I like the fact I can attach roto paks and my jack. I was told they recently redesigned their latch. has anyone else seen this information?

OhNoTheJiggies

I was seriously considering the PS carrier. A guy I know got one and I just felt like it was a stronger installation. Thought there would be gussets on the inside of both ends, but nope, just on the drivers side. Passenger side has aftermarket hinge attachments but that's all, so I feel like it would still sag. I think I'm back to the EVO carrier... more research, here I come.

Kpalas

I to have been looking at the Poison Spyder carrier, I like the fact I can attach roto paks and my jack. I was told they recently redesigned their latch. has anyone else seen this information?

I spoke to PS recently and asked about the latch, it has not been redesigned.

LHenryJk14

Just my 2 pennies worth but any carrier you attach to the tub stands a chance of body damage with a good hit. I seen the PS at a show looked good, just don't know about mounting it to the body.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Thank you for the comparison. The real question is, my next tires will be 37s but how goofy would the genright look on the back of my jeep with a 35 inch tire in it?

Nice thing with genright is there are 2 positions for the tire, one lower and one higher. In that pic its in the 40/42 spot to clear the duallys better where I installed them. If you look back through my build youll see the carrier with a 35 on it.

edit found one

snowjeep by .:hinrichs:., on Flickr

snowjeep2 by .:hinrichs:., on Flickr[/QUOTE]

REKLESS-RED

Nice thing with genright is there are 2 positions for the tire, one lower and one higher. In that pic its in the 40/42 spot to clear the duallys better where I installed them. If you look back through my build youll see the carrier with a 35 on it.

edit found one

snowjeep by .:hinrichs:., on Flickr

snowjeep2 by .:hinrichs:., on Flickr
[/QUOTE]

Good to know. I did not know that the Genright had 2 different tire mounting positions. Ha Ha your not making my decision any easier... now i have another option for the tire carrier :banghead:

Jackal01

Thread revival. I got the PSC Body Mount Tire Carrier for Christmas. PSC has a newer version of the latch, no longer the S-shaped one. Their directions and video do not reflect the change. I didn't know what the part was so I had to call to get clarification on what it was. Overall I think the pin method like with EVO and GR is better but this is still a much needed improvement, I think.

View attachment 180073 View attachment 180074

Tumbleweed

Thread revival. I got the PSC Body Mount Tire Carrier for Christmas. PSC has a newer version of the latch, no longer the S-shaped one. Their directions and video do not reflect the change. I didn't know what the part was so I had to call to get clarification on what it was. Overall I think the pin method like with EVO and GR is better but this is still a much needed improvement, I think.

View attachment 180073 View attachment 180074

Links/pics don't work.

rewolfe13

I like the cleaner look of the PSC carrier. Let us know how that latch holds up. I don't plan on ever going bigger than 37s, so I think the PSC carrier is in my future.

Pyro1415

I believe PSC even recommends to mount it to their corners for maximum strength. Will it compete with Evo probably not, will it be more than enough for most of us, probably.

Let us know how install goes.

Top Bottom