Poison Spyder full width rock brawler rear bumper w/o tire carrier

Mtank16

Anyone have a review of this bumper? Just looking at the basic full width one. Anyone have it set up with a Gobi rack?

toxicwaste29

I have the rock brawler without tire carrier. I bought it in hopes of adding a tire carrier down the road however PS won't even sell me the tire carrier claiming it's impossible for me to install myself and if I want their carrier I have to buy the bumper and tire carrier together and then I'd just have a spare rear bumper. I like the bumper and have had no issues and it's held up well however it annoys me I have a plugged hole where a tire carrier is supposed to go, I might just cut a plate and weld that hole up so it looks nicer. Also the rear backup lights are hard to find the exact size. I could only find it from one company online

Mtank16

That does not sound like a good customer service response. I would think PS would know that many of us enjoy building our Jeeps ourselves. Why would they sell the bumper with a hole for the swing gate if you couldn't add it later? Odd.

Heholua

I have the rock brawler without tire carrier. I bought it in hopes of adding a tire carrier down the road however PS won't even sell me the tire carrier claiming it's impossible for me to install myself and if I want their carrier I have to buy the bumper and tire carrier together and then I'd just have a spare rear bumper. I like the bumper and have had no issues and it's held up well however it annoys me I have a plugged hole where a tire carrier is supposed to go, I might just cut a plate and weld that hole up so it looks nicer. Also the rear backup lights are hard to find the exact size. I could only find it from one company online

I was in your same situation and bought the bumper used. Fortunately being in California, I was able to take them the bumper so they could weld the spindle on in that hole.

That does not sound like a good customer service response. I would think PS would know that many of us enjoy building our Jeeps ourselves. Why would they sell the bumper with a hole for the swing gate if you couldn't add it later? Odd.

Your can add it later, but PS likes to weld the spindle on themselves. The only complaint I had about the set up was the tire did not contact the carrier as square as I would have liked. Part of the tire contacted on the side lugs, where as other parts contacted the side wall. I was running 37" Toyo MTs.

toxicwaste29

^im a certified welder and have a few friends that are also welders and do heavy industrial work. So I could weld it on myself and they said they still wouldn't send the carrier to me so I can do it myself. Seems like their way of trying to make more money. I like PS products but after my carrier issues I am not interested in buying from them

Heholua

^im a certified welder and have a few friends that are also welders and do heavy industrial work. So I could weld it on myself and they said they still wouldn't send the carrier to me so I can do it myself. Seems like their way of trying to make more money. I like PS products but after my carrier issues I am not interested in buying from them

Honestly, if you have those skills you should fab your own. Just my 2 cents. I understand your frustration, but I'm sure it's more about liability than anything else. As far as PS trying to make more money, they just charged me the retail difference between the plain bumper and bumper with carrier.

Last edited:
Top Bottom